5'8"-5'9" Females 120-150lbs

Options
Hey everyone,

I am nearing the tail end of my weight loss journey and I have about ten more pounds to go before I reach my goal. I am 5'8.5" and my current weight is 134.4. I started MFP at a weight of 158. I am looking for more friends (not that my current ones are not already totally awesome) that have similar goals or have met a goal closer to the 120's. I know that my goal of 125 is at the lower end of the weight spectrum for someone my height, but I think it fits my body well.

I also just want to see how you guys look at that weight and how you feel. I know that when you are lower in weight and still trying to lose, the weight loss struggles are a little different, that is why I am being somewhat specific.

Please add me so we can help support each other! :)

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'd add you but we're already friends (yay!!)
    I'm actually looking for the same type of support right now so if you can all add me too? I'm 5'8.5" and 135.. pretty much just reached my first goal but looking for improvement in toning and maybe down another 5 lbs.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First of all, I wish I was as tall as you are! Maybe my weight would distribute evenly:) What I am struggling with is my body fat % even though my weight is dropping. So trying to get myself toned. Oh btw, I am 5'2 and currently 121.5 lbs.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    First of all, I wish I was as tall as you are! Maybe my weight would distribute evenly:) What I am struggling with is my body fat % even though my weight is dropping. So trying to get myself toned. Oh btw, I am 5'2 and currently 121.5 lbs.

I have been able to reduce mine by doing distance running. I have not started strength training because my first goal was to reduce body fat then tone.

Oh, and it's hard to find tall men ;)
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i literally almost just tried to add you... again. lmao (5'7.5" is close enough right?)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I am in the mid 120s right now. I am happy with my weight, but I am thinking I have some room to gain some too. I don't want to go lower though. I look the same as my profile picture right now.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10" and currently weigh 143.8. My orginal goal was to be 133, a weight at which I was over a year ago. I wasn't toned though and stil could have lost a few more. I am hoping to be 130.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 155 right now, i'm also aiming for 125. I kinda have a snacking problem but working on it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    im 5 8 but the lowest i ever got was 145. i have a large frame and weigh 174, pic is at 180. so i can carry more weight than most. i look at others my height and think, wow i wish i could weigh 125!
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" and around 140. I wanted to be down to 132 but have started weight training so loosing has now stopped, but toning is going well. I would love to loose 8 pounds, think part of my problem Is not eating enough.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 127 right now. I would like to be 123. My weigh fluctuates between 125-127 so I want to fluctuate between 123-125. It's hard right now with the holidays but I should be getting back to my diet and excercise regime in January.
    Diana
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and around 145lbs.

Gaining at the moment for muscle gains but in the new year I'm going to start cutting and looking to get down to around 135, maybe higher/lower depending on how I feel. My lowest weight on here was 129.

Feel free to add me :)
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    im 5'7.5", weigh 139, i keep jumping from 137-141 and its driving me crazy, maybe i need someone to keep on me about daily food watching and no wine when im having a celebration momoent!
    hoping to hit 125-130 by Feb 1, 2012. add me if you'd like!
  • sweetsensi
    Options
    I've had weight fluctuations before, from 165 being my highest and 142 (what I'm at now) being my lowest. I'm 5'8" and trying to get down to 130ish, give or take a few pounds. I'm really not trying to use the scale as TOO much reference because I'm also weight training and I know I'll be gaining muscle weight.. I just want to go down a few sizes, maybe to like a 6.. I'm between an 8 and 10 right now.

This is my first ever post on here by the way, so let me know if I'm doing something wrong!
  • feligrosa
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'9 and currently around 168-170 depending on the day... haha my highest weight was around 190 back in 8th grade then went down to around 125 when I was 16 but that didn't last long as I started binge eating again. and was around 140-150 until two years ago I went up to 175 due to not exercising and stress eating :S I want to get back down to 140..maybe 130 depending on how I feel. really looking for long time fitness and overall toning.
    feel free to add me :)
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    im 5 8 but the lowest i ever got was 145. i have a large frame and weigh 174, pic is at 180. so i can carry more weight than most. i look at others my height and think, wow i wish i could weigh 125!

I am with you! I am 5'8 and weight 147......I cant imagine weighing 125, but I am large frame also! It is nice to see others in your same range!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I am with you! I am 5'8 and weight 147......I cant imagine weighing 125, but I am large frame also! It is nice to see others in your same range!

I'm also 5'8 and weigh 145! On my frame, 125 would never happen. Indeed, it is good to see others in our height/weight range!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.. Shooting for 140 and currently sitting around 151(Up a few due to holidays/new years!).

I have a pretty small frame so even at 151, I look pretty tiny.. but since I am determined to get to my pre-college weight, 140 it is..