Weight Loss

Options
Today is a very emotinal day. It has taken me over a year to lose 201 pounds. My goal was to lose 200. I have struggle with weight issue for most of my adult life. I have been on every diet or weight loss plan known in the world. One day by accident i found this site , and i say to myself "why not give it a try , it is free and it can't hurt me . I didn't take it seriously until my personal doctor call me at my home and said "if you don't lose weight soon you are going to have major health problems." My heart just stop beating literally, i started to cry , and i just gave myself a stern talking and said "Girl you better get it together or just die at a ripe age of 45. WEll i like me better than that. So i decided to exercise everyday walking, running,. cardio , anything instead of sitting on the couch getting bigger by the minute. When i first started on this program i was wearing a size 30 and 4x shirt Now a size 12-14 , and you probabably can't believe this, i was a size 10 shoes now a size 8 .5 yes i lost weight in my feet, hands. I realize that this is a just the begginning not the end of healthy living. I still count calories, and still drink lots of water.To sum it all up I'am thankful to be able to take this wonderful journey with all my wonderful friends i have met on this site. No one ever accomplish anything on their own strength and i believe that "You were the wind beneath my wings. :smile:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations.
  • skatei
    skatei Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. That is a great accomplishment.
  • nkeller08
    Options
    AND A BIG OL' CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!! YOU ARE AMAZING...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
  • kitkat40
    kitkat40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story ! 'Wind beneath my wings', my favorite song reminds me of my grandfather that pasted away very special person. He always pushed me to do my best and that is why i'm here too, to do my best!
    So proud of you you have come a long way, it looks like your journey has has been an amazing up lifting on!
    Happy Healthy New Year
  • lynnjones76
    Options
    Wow, we'll done!!!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome and such an inspiration. I am glad to have you in my corner my friend!!!!

Congratulations!!!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You are a gift from Heaven. You are a strong woman to do this on your own. Most importantly, you love yourself the way we all should. It was the reason you were able to succeed. Im proud to have shared part of your journey & I am SO excited for your future! Keep dancing! I love you Tazzy!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job!
  • honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tazzy..... your story is AMAZING! I am so proud of you!
    You chose to live and live life more abundantly as you were ordained to do.

You are an inspiration and I am so honored to have meet your acquaintance.

Your awesome!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Great work!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! What a wonderful way to start a new year!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, you are truly inspiring! You are not only here for you but you give back to us all by teaching us and leading the way always with lots of encouragement. I'm filling up another glass of city juice in your honor. CHEERS!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    you are awesome..... you amaze me....
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Tazzy you are so inspiring and glad to be pals with you. You look fabulous lady,
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Taz you lost over 200 lbs in only a year? OMG! I assumed it had taken you a couple of years to do which would still be miraculous! You know now that you can do anything you set your mind to!! VERY IMPRESSIVE! EXTREMELY MOTIVATING!!!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results.Keep it off.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. It takes a lot of will power and hard work to get from where you were to where you are now. Congratulations on getting healthier.

Remember..... Marilyn Monroe was a modern day size 12 and she's still considered one of the most beautiful women of all time.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job VERY WELL DONE! You have a lot to be proud of! And for the record, I also lost at least half a shoe size after losing 70 pounds...so you are not alone in that one!
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow-Awesome job!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Just saying 'great job' or 'way to go' REALLY isn't enough here. You did an extremely difficult thing, and I hope you are so proud of yourself for reclaiming what was lost! Pure dedication and a true inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!