Fitness and New Years Resolutions

Options
2»

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to keep our eyes out for someone who is going to give up on their New Years Resolution so that we can grab some cheap gym equimpment when they don't want it any more! And I only go to the gym once a week for right now and it's Saturday morning around 8, so no one is there anyway. I like to get it done and over with for the day. I do hope to up the amout of times that I go to the gym a week but I also don't want to do to much at one time and not be sucessful!
    Thats the way to go
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My gym makes a joke about "resolution season".
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am committed and addicted, But I have the Best of 2 worlds because I have My Very own Gym here at home.. No Memebership fee, Just Jump on and do a lil as often and when ever I want.. Yes it has cost a pretty penny when I set up my inhome gym earlier in the year but after losing 158lbs this year, I will say it has truly been worth every singe Pretty Penny:wink:

Here is some Pics!!!!!

083020111512.jpg083020111511.jpg1320871690288.jpg083020111510.jpg

I'm jealous! My home workout equipment consist of a step, 2 sets of dumbbells, resistance bands, a body bar, a stability ball and 15 acres of muddy land to run on.
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I realized that a monthly fee to the gym didn't guaruntee a healthy lifestyle. So, I didn't join again until I already had a proven track record of regular exercise. Now, I go to a 24/7 gym because it enables me to exercise after dark and keeps me from storing bulky equipment in my small home. I
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    damn people and their new years resolution taking MY machine AND my damn spot in step class and then dont know what their doing and f me up cuz thier so distracting! ugh! lol GO BACK TO WORK PEOPLE, im tired of getting up at 4 am so I can workout in peace!

Yeah, how DARE they try to improve themselves! Who do they think they are, anyhow?

;)
    omg made me laugh out loud! lol
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    damn people and their new years resolution taking MY machine AND my damn spot in step class and then dont know what their doing and f me up cuz thier so distracting! ugh! lol GO BACK TO WORK PEOPLE, im tired of getting up at 4 am so I can workout in peace!

Yeah, how DARE they try to improve themselves! Who do they think they are, anyhow?

;)
    yup, my thoughts exactly, we all have to start somewhere, feeling self conscious, awkward, and just wanting to succeed, it would be nice to have people encourage us rather than judge and belittle, but it takes all kinds.
    omg made me laugh out loud! lol
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of watching Craigslist after the resolutions fail. :)

I think I will look for some good DVD sets and some more dumbbells.
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You just gave me courage to go to some of the classes I see going on when I work out on the cardio and weight machines. I am going to go and blend in with the rest of the people who don't know what they are doing. Genius :wink:
    It's not only the gyms that are overun with newbies. There's a 5 mile trail beside our house which we do on weekends. First couple of weeks of January there's about 4 x the amount of people on it..come February they're gone.

One of the things I do like about January in the gym is I can try a new class of something I've never done before and not look like a complete idiot because there's tons of new people trying it for the first time too. January I usually just change up my gym hours if I want on equipment or definitely get to class very early to stake out a spot.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    As a year round gym goer I do get frustrated with the flood of New Year's Resolutionists! I don't want more competition for my favorite equipment... But, when I see someone who is dangerously overweight I just want to embrace and encourage them! It's so hard changing habits and I really wish that those folks would stay with it! I want them to feel proud and comfortable in THEIR gym! I feel so inspired when I see someone who is clearly uncomfortable but they are doing it anyway! We all have a starting point!
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL at this topic because it's true. This week I've been on vacation so I've been going to the gym in the evening, and there's been a steady stream of folks taking tours and filling out applications at the front desk. I don't think the extra crowds will affect me because normally I go at 5 a.m. with the other diehards trying to get their pre-work sweat in. Best of luck to the newbies.
  • JennyKorn
    JennyKorn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I look forward to being a part of the big crowds hitting the gym in the new year. I would also like to have more friends on this network. Just joined tonight. I am happy to provide encouragement & support. Looking for the same. Thank you & happy new year!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You just gave me courage to go to some of the classes I see going on when I work out on the cardio and weight machines. I am going to go and blend in with the rest of the people who don't know what they are doing. Genius :wink:
    It's not only the gyms that are overun with newbies. There's a 5 mile trail beside our house which we do on weekends. First couple of weeks of January there's about 4 x the amount of people on it..come February they're gone.

One of the things I do like about January in the gym is I can try a new class of something I've never done before and not look like a complete idiot because there's tons of new people trying it for the first time too. January I usually just change up my gym hours if I want on equipment or definitely get to class very early to stake out a spot.

Awesome- happy to help :drinker: