Chipotle!

Options
I went to chipotle today, I cut off the pinto beans from my burrito to try and be slightly more conscious than usual. Is there anyone who has seemed a good way to manage the calories there and still get the amazing food. I am one of those people who can eat a huge burrito from there with no problem, so I want something just as filling, if possible. Anyways just wondering because fast food is something I have to deal with on the daily basis and this is a weakness of mine and my roommates.

I get:
Chicken, Rice, Corn, Cheese, Sourcream, and Lettuce in a burrito.

Replies

• leezanicole
    Options
    Mmm.. I love Chipotle! I usually get the salad with chicken, rice, corn, cheese and hot salsa. I gave up the burrito to save on calories.. but mmmm they sure are good.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i get veggie tacos no rice with all the salsas and gauc
  • dreamingxpoet
    Options
    Yes, I love it and it will always be probably somewhere I always go to so hopefully there are some good ways to get my fix in better moderation. I may try the bowl out again just not sure how much I would save in calories.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Kill the sour cream (non-productive fat), and get guacamole instead (healthy fat). Also try your toppings on a salad instead of the burrito. You'll save over 200 calories... those tortillas are HUGE!!

Here's what I normally get: Lettuce, either chicken or carnitas, black beans (drained -- hate them soggy), corn, cheese, and guacamole. I then skip the dressing, and instead get the medium salsa , which I use as dressing. If I'm getting Chipotle for dinner, I get a rice bowl with the same toppings, instead of salad, so that I feel that I'm' really getting a hot meal.

Another thing you need to keep in mind about Chipotle. It's a high salt meal, so drink extra water! Flush that sodium through.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I ate there for dinner tonight! I googled and found a nutrition calculator that helped me figure out what to get: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I had a steak bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, tomatoes, hot salsa, corn salsa, lettuce, and guacamole (half of which I scooped off and gave to my husband). It's yummy and just as filling as a burrito. The only thing to worry about is total sodium overload! :smile:
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I would keep the beans over the rice. Possibly more calories but also more nutrients in them. We don't have chipolte where I live but similar places have more veggie options than what you got and black beans (they would be a better option than refried)
  • shabounds
    Options
    LOVE that place. Just a thought, if you really like te beans, I think it would be better to 86 the rice and keep the beans. And I agree that a bowl might be a better choice (for calorie savings) than the flour tortilla/ burrito.:happy:
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love that link! Thanks for sharing it! I forget the tortilla and beans salsa and etc
    I always have Chicken Fajita veggies Cheese lettuce and If I know I'm going to be under calories I add Sour Cream, guacamole or extra chicken....I love Chipotle too!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Duh, no burrito would help tremendously!

Just get a bowl or salad, no burrito :(
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    We don't have Chipotle here but we do have Qboba - which is just as yummy.

Naked for me, no rice, black beans, chicken and steak (full servings each), grilled veggies(2 servings), onion, lettuce, hottest sauce possible (about 750 calories).

I know where I'm doing lunch tomorrow :love:
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle as well, and used to always get burritos there! If there's one thing I've noticed, you want to STAY AWAY FROM THE CHIPS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I made the mistake of having my nice little burrito bowl I get now there, plus chips and guacamole. My boyfriend was supposed to split the chips with me, but he didn't, so I happily ate them all. BIG MISTAKE.

Anyway, this is what I get now. I don't like beans too much, and I think Chipotle's brown rice is not great. Just doesn't taste the same. I love the cilantro-lime, so I keep the rice, and in choosing one dairy over the other, I go with sour cream instead of cheese. You really don't need both to be happy.

Here's what I get, that I've calculated:

Chipotle - Chicken Burrito Bowl (Rice, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, Sour Cream)
    Calories: 465
    Sodium: 1020 mg
    Total Fat: 20 g
    Total Carbs: 31 g
    Sugars: 6 g
    Protein: 37 g
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I get a salad with chicken, a little beans, no rice, no cheese, no sour cream or guac...salsa as dressing.