Anyone know about SENSA?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    They say it is clinically proven to be safe. Although i would not waste my money on it, there are some who are having some awesome results since using it. Mind over matter might work for some, but others really struggle and it works for them. Don't down a product until you try it or actually know about all of the details personally or is proven to be unsafe. those who are using it and are getting results, good for you!! way to getting the extra lbs off.. those who don't use it and it's not for them, that's okay and hopefully you have great luck in finding something that does work for you and never give up to reaching your goals!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think it's a load of bullsh*t whose marketing tactics are completely shameless and full of empty claims. Any product that claims you can take a pill and get into Arnold Schwarzenegger shape without changing your diet or exercise routine ought to be banned. It's about as shameless and predatory as pay-day loans. It's about as effective as taking a sugar pill labeled "weight loss miracle drug".
  • lynneb42000
    lynneb42000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to make the choices that suit them. What works for one doesn't work for all or we'd all be slim and trim. Let's try to stay positive on the boards. I researched SENSA online and read reviews and decided against it but I would not criticize you for using it. As for changing your habits, sometimes you do need help to do that. Then after a time, you are stronger and can do it on your own.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    It doesn't "Bulk" up your stomach.

The scientific principle behind SENSA is remarkably simple. As you eat smell and taste receptors send messages to your brain which release hormones that tell your body it's time to stop eating. This is a phenomenon we call Sensory Specific Satiety. By enhancing smell, SENSA Tastants were designed to help speed up the process and trigger your "I feel full" signal, so you eat less and feel more satisfied. Because SENSA® works with your body's natural impulses, rather than against them, there are no feelings of hunger or intense cravings.

It's 100% free and a whole lot more effective to eat healthier foods that take up more space in your belly in each meal. By eating a meal that contains more vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein, you're almost guaranteed to be quite full from eating about 400 calories worth of food like that. This will also trigger your "I'm full" feeling, helping you refrain from over eating. When we eat foods that are very dense in calories, but very sparse in volume, it takes higher quantities to feel full, which causes us to eat too many calories before we actually feel full. SENSA exploits this information by making you think you can control your eating habits and still eat like crap. I'm sure it's a safe product to use, but it's an absolute waste of money.

Also, eating a small portion of protein with each meal will help with appetite suppression. You'll feel fuller longer than if you just ate a meal mostly comprised of carbohydrates and fat with little to no protein. You don't need SENSA to figure this stuff out... Maybe if our society placed more value in teaching proper nutrition and physical fitness to our children in our public school, fewer people would feel that they NEEDED these products to help them lose weight. We don't NEED these kinds of products. We need better education to help us eat better and live healthier lives from the start.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    142595C2-orig.jpg

Carmine (Sensa ingredient) may be prepared from cochineal, by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum.

This is probably the second most disgusting placebo I have ever heard of.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

I know of a powder substance that makes you not hungry, all right. Too bad it's expensive, unhealthy, and will get you a prison sentence if you're caught with it! :tongue:

And I know some guys that would kick your butt for sprinkling that on your food!!

Hey, I never said it was going on food!
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This place is about support and motivation and what works for someone may not work for you or what choices someone makes to help them make changes may not be the choices you make and thats ok. The point is that we are doing what works for us and making changes that are having an impact on our lives. The important part is that we need to offer our advice and opinion with a caring and sympathic spirit. Thats how you motivative, judging in not motivation. Of course this is not to all that have replied to this thread. Just a friendly reminder as to why we are all here in the first place! :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    142595C2-orig.jpg

Carmine (Sensa ingredient) may be prepared from cochineal, by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum.

I don't even want to know what the most disgusting one was, then! :sick:
  • debussyschild
    Options
    Disclaimer: I don't judge anyone who wants to use this product. If you think it will help you, by all means. I judge this PRODUCT for being the load of crap that it is.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    142595C2-orig.jpg

I don't even want to know what the most disgusting one was, then! :sick:

Safe, sure. Desirable?? YUCK!!!!!!!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow, i thought this place was about support.

Sorry if I am not as strong as all of you! Don't have the will power you do, and need a little help! Not all of us can make huge changes overnight. I'm doing what is working for me, and it is working for the first time in my life.

Have you actually tried to make an all at once change like this...seriously, tomorrow cut your food intake by 2/3...see how you feel...and do it again the next day and the next...and see how long before you quit. Oh and why your at it take away all of the foods you love and replace them with stuff you think tastes like cardboard. and then cook your family the stuff you love while you eat cardboard. Yea, that's fun. Don't sit and judge people who need extra help, unless you've been in their shoes.

Hear me...I AM changing my eating habits, bit by bit. I AM exercising (90 min a day)....This helps me get thought the rough spots.

I don't think what they're saying is meant to make you feel judged. I think they are coming from a place of genuine concern that it won't be a lifelong change. But if indeed you are using it as a tool and not a crutch, and it's what you needed to get started...then that works for you! I'm sure you don't want to have to sprinkle stuff on your food for the rest of your life and will want to learn how to continue on without it.

Everyone just has to find their "aha" moment where it finally all clicks and a complete lifestyle is not only changed, but becomes the new normal.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    For anyone on this thread who is saying we shouldn't be JUDGMENTAL about various weight loss methods, particularly SENSA--the object of this thread: We are being called upon to give our opinions about a product. THE OP is looking for feedback--good or bad. That means JUDGING SENSA's value according to personal experience, research, or simply your philosophy about food. There will not be consensus.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Sorry if I am not as strong as all of you! Don't have the will power you do, and need a little help! Not all of us can make huge changes overnight. I'm doing what is working for me, and it is working for the first time in my life.

Have you actually tried to make an all at once change like this...seriously, tomorrow cut your food intake by 2/3...see how you feel...and do it again the next day and the next...and see how long before you quit. Oh and why your at it take away all of the foods you love and replace them with stuff you think tastes like cardboard. and then cook your family the stuff you love while you eat cardboard. Yea, that's fun. Don't sit and judge people who need extra help, unless you've been in their shoes.

Hear me...I AM changing my eating habits, bit by bit. I AM exercising (90 min a day)....This helps me get thought the rough spots.

I don't think what they're saying is meant to make you feel judged. I think they are coming from a place of genuine concern that it won't be a lifelong change. But if indeed you are using it as a tool and not a crutch, and it's what you needed to get started...then that works for you! I'm sure you don't want to have to sprinkle stuff on your food for the rest of your life and will want to learn how to continue on without it.

Everyone just has to find their "aha" moment where it finally all clicks and a complete lifestyle is not only changed, but becomes the new normal.

I agree. When you ask for comments or advice you will get bad and good. You can't get upset if you don't get the comments you want to see.

I call it magic fairy dust. Because that is exactly what it is. My constant hunger ended when I stopped following the Standard American Diet and cut out the foods that were keeping me hungry - grain and sugar carbs (even fruit carbs will kick the constant hunger back in). Now I eat a nice meal full of protein, healthy fat and some fibrous veggies and I will stay full for a good 6-8 hours. My breakfast used to be a bowl of whole grain oatmeal (not instant) and a large apple and I would be shaky hungry in 90 minutes. Now I can have some natural uncured bacon and eggs and feel great all day at work. No sleepiness, no shakiness. Just wonderful energy. Heck, the more fat I eat the more hyper I get.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    142595C2-orig.jpg

I understand that Carmine is used in many yogurts to give it color - read your yogurt labels! Like the blueberry color or the raspberry color. I wonder why it is more cost effective to grind up insects instead of using the actual fruit to color yogurt? That is when I went to eating plain yogurt. I can add the fruit myself and keep the bugs out!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I believe there is no easy or quick fix to weight loss, if there was, no one would be over weight.

Meghan

I have not tried Sensa, but I have tried many, many other quick fixes over the decades and found none to be effective for me.....or else I wouldn't be here today. Also it is my belief, and please correct me if I am wrong that any of these so called weight loss products only work while you are taking them. So the real question becomes after you take product X to lose your weight, do you keep taking Product X indefinitely? Or have you "magically" learned how to control your appetite and food intake by then?

I guess that is why my journey started 5 years ago and I have finally gotten down to the last few pounds to reach my goal by good old fashioned healthy eating and moderate exercise. I was told it was boring by someone looking for a new and exciting approach. But shopping for, buying, and actually wearing clothes in a size 4 is far from boring, and I think I've learned what I came here for.... FINALLY! Good luck to you! It's the Tortoise and the Hare for me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

It's responses like THIS that make me want to abandon the boards FOREVER. You do offer help, and it's AHEM not the help people want to hear, and all of a sudden you are a "bad guy."

For the record, I DID cut my calories by 2/3...closer to 1/2 actually...and I didn't whine about it to other people being "so hard." I just did it because I knew that eating 3000 a day is why I was 191 pounds in the first place. I didn't buy anything to help curb my appetite, I just learned how to eat right. Of course it's hard. If it wasn't, we would all be skinny minnies and wouldn't need this website in the first place...

If you want to waste your money on this crock, go right ahead. I'll just change my eating habits and workout. We'll both lose weight. And I'll buy something nice for myself when I reach my next goal with the money that you spent on the latest weight loss fad.
  • hereiskristina
    Options
    If the Sensa is working for you and you feel good, then I say good for you! Good luck and congrats on the first 26 lbs.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    4.gif<---- This

Please read this link.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5495808&page=1

Sensa is a total scam.