Workout music!

Options
Hey guys, I was wondering what you all had on your workout playlists (if you have one). I'm looking for some new music to exercise to.

Replies

• LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I could totally go for some new tunes as well. Here's what's on mine:

80s pop (yes, I am a child of the awesome 80s!)
    Kelly Clarkson
    Prince (love my 80s LOL)
    Gwen Stefani
    Rihanna
    Katy Perry
    Pink
    Lady Gaga
    Adam Lambert
    Janelle Monae
    Lots of songs from Glee
    Michael Jackson
    Sometimes some good 70s disco - Abba/Bee Gees

Looking forward to seeing what others are listening to!
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    well (also a child of the 80's) for example last night I put Dire Straits 'Love over gold' on which I really like and can play loud in my garage. Its 42 mins long so thought I would run til it finished which I did then let it play a 2nd time so did an unheard of 84 min workout.... so Dire Straits, any 80's stuff, Delirious, Pink Floyd....
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Anything heavy and hard. I'm like Five Finger Death Punch, Static X, Rammstein, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, etc
  • taradactyl81
    Options
    Me too! The Karen O and Trent Reznor remake of the Immigrant Song is the best to warm up too. I run while listening to NIN!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My workout music is completely different to the stuff I normally listen too. At the moment I work out to a 70's/80's disco compilation (Donna Summer, James Brown, Cool & the Gang etc), particularly good on the cross trainer.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    I have a mixture of everyhting. Common, Ledisi, Musiq, Anthony Hamilton, Carl Thomas (Hall and Oates), Lol. Along with Stain, Guns and Roses. I used to be an all hip hop guy. But now I just let it run. I find workouts more intense that way.
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ever gone to jog.fm? It lets you plug in your mile time running, and gives you songs to match it! I just discovered it earlier, and i'm like in music heaven hehe. As for me, I have some BritPop, some My Chemical Romance, Devo...things with upwards of 160 bpm.
  • newleaf2012
    newleaf2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that this is not maybe anyone's taste, but I like Classical Cardio. It has a steady beat and it adjusts with what is playing which I find to be wonderful when I am on the treadmill and wanting to change my pace.
    Hope this helps.
    Newleaf2012
  • GeriKM
    GeriKM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    84 min, that's awesome!!
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    im a rocker so i listen to disturbed and limp bisquit,kid rock.LMFAO and thins like that..i sing out loud while doing my treadmill.my neighbors probally think iv lost it!!!
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use Spotify (or Zune) for social workout playlists? I usually get most of mine from http://sharemyplaylists.com/ due to the fact I can get fairly sick of stuff I may have listened to before and prefer the surprise of what other people put up. However this has meant I have needed to pay for the Spotify subscription, but then I don't tend to buy much music anymore, so it works out ok in the end - I think...
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing cardio, I need music that keeps me pumped, so... I'm all about the 70s & 80s retro/classic rock- My workout playlist consists of Def Leppard, Pink Floyd, Whitesnake, Iron Butterfly, Rolling Stones, Poison, Queen, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith.

Sometimes I'll roll over into indie/mainstream rock - Godsmack, Tantric, Mudvayne, Daughtry, CKY, NIN, Nickelback, things along those lines.

If I'm lifting, I'm not really in need of super intense music, so I'll listen to classic and contemporary Hawaiian.

But I'm mostly about 70s/80s rock! :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Usually I listen to Chevelle and A Day to Remember but recently I've been on a "pop" bender:

Carly Rae Jepsen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eppea57AHr0

Kristina Maria
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7J3KQd1lk

Marianas Trench
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c5XkGbEQiE&ob=av2e

Oh, and I love Volbeat, you might want to ignore the above 3 and watch this one!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q2NtjoYj_U
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    84 min, that's awesome!!

Thanks - rarely go more than an hr - for some reason I was motivated to carry on - music helped and I have it really loud and play air guitar and drums while running sometimes!

I aim for an hr and after 1st minute I tell myself thats a 60th... 2 mins thats a 30th 5 mins is a 12th, 10 mins is a 6th 12 mins is a 5th and by the time I hit 15 mins which is a quarter (of my hr goal) I have got over the initial barrier to going the distance and starting to feel good.... I guess we all have our own ways of coping with it.

Just as well I did so much yesterday because I am a slouch today!

All the best with it
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm into metal. Harder music gets me going.

Five Finger Death Punch-Over and Under It, American Captialist, Dying Breed, and Stranger than Fiction.
    Avenged Sevenfold-Almost Easy, Strength of the World, MIA, Beast and the Harlot, Critical Acclaim.
    Rammstein- Moskau, Feuer Frei, Zwitter, Der Meister.
    Rise Against- Long Forgotten Sons, Entertainment, Prayer of the Refugee.
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here Come the Mummies always makes me want to move...that's why I picked my name. =D

I keep an mp3 player loaded with a mummies playlist on the treadmill, but I will occasionally pop in the live video instead (I have the computer monitor right there. ^_^ )
  • BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    white stripes, pitbull, MGMT, brittney spears, allll the Glee songs that aren't slow, and LMFAO.
  • wildiriss
    Options
    Okay, this is really embarassing but my most played song on my workout playlist right now is "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction, this silly little British boy band....hahaha. It sounds so lame but I work out so hard when it's on!
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is really embarassing but my most played song on my workout playlist right now is "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction, this silly little British boy band....hahaha. It sounds so lame but I work out so hard when it's on!

Nothing's lame if it gets you moving!
  • wildiriss
    Options
    You're absolutely right, haha. I just hope nobody ever sees my playlist =X