Eating whatever you want before the New Year.

Options
2»

Replies

• summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2200 cals a day on average without exercise and have no problems. I think it is all about the person, I rarely have cheat days and when I do I usually work out a little more without much difference in weight at weigh in so it really depends on the person. If you can get right back up on that horse after taking a little fall then go for it.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've gone over my allowances this week, and gained 3lbs for it, of which I'm pretty sure most is water retention as there's no way I've eaten 10000+ calories extra, more like 1500. My exercise hasn't been great either, only one long walk and 2 swim sessions.

What's done is done, no point about worrying about it, fresh start again tomorrow and back on track!
  • oma5
    oma5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually take one day a week and splurge. i don't go crazy but relax and eat what I want within reason.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you all eat? Just curious! And thanks, Happy New Year to you as well!

My goal is set to 1450 calories to lose 0.5 lb / week. << This is my NET! I run a lot and I eat my exercise calories! So in reality, I am eating a good 1700 to 2200 calories a day, but still netting 1250-1450ish on most days!
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had cookies and reeses buttercups today! I'm all for it.
  • MsALMill
    MsALMill Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I' decided today was my splurge day as well and might even tomorrow because I know my schedule starting Monday shall get back to how it should be and I will focus myself more and even cut about 50 calories out each day.

I will admit I started this journey at almost 400 pounds and have an extremely slow metabolism but looking at all these calories each of you have set for yourselves and i feel like i am still way over. Since I started in May I started at 2300 calories a day and have now worked my way down to 1900 calories a day. I've lost 70 pounds so far doing it this way. I'm wanting to be down to 1800 calories a day by the beginning of Feb. and to keep losing slowly and safely while working in even more exercise.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've eaten right and exercized up till today.....and now the 31st is my cheat day and rest day from working out.....but tommorrow no matter what I'm back on track and on monday I start the Insanity program.

I say do what works for you as long as it doesn't derail all you have already accomplished.

I'm right there with you today. Right now, I'm only over by 6, but I'm sure it'll be more by the time the night's over. I was feeling unreasonable guilty, so I needed this threat to set my mind right ;0)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining, so my net is currently 1890. Depending on what my workout was that day I'll eat anywhere between 2100-2400. My net was 1430 when I was losing so I probably ate 1600-1800 then.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink and be merry. Tonight anyway, back to normal tomorrow. That's my philosophy anyway.:drinker:
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Based on my height, weight, etc., 1200 is my daily calorie goal (by MFP calculations as well so why is everyone saying that is too few?

If I am under the 1200, I get this nasty red message saying I'm eating to few calories.... I hate it but I can't always hold more food. I was undecided as to whether or not to eat my exercise calories, so upon advice of fellow MFP friends, I eat them if I feel hungry, skipping if not.

I was on the site for quite a while and strayed.... started back mid-November and haven't weighed yet. I'm looking forward to Monday to see if my exercise and calorie cut-down has paid off.

:wink:
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    |I eat 1470 to lose 1/2 lb a week I am 5' 3.5". I also eat back my exercise cals.