Body Fortress Protein Powder

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just got a big container of this stuff at wal-mart for the low, low price of 12$ (I got the cookies and cream flavor). It tastes ok, and I think it should do what I'm looking for. Since I've stopped eating meat I've noticed that I have a much, MUCH harder time keeping up my protein level, especially considering I've been doing kettlebell workouts, and almost daily running (5+ runs a week now... yay!). So, I figured I would pick it up. Its way cheaper than the stuff at GNC, and each serving is 26g of whey protein which is a BIG boost for me.

It seems to meet all of my demands... not soy based (I eat enough soy, don't need it for my supplements too), gives me protein, and even has a little creatine monohydrate.

Can anyone else give me advice about this stuff? Anything I should be concerned about? This is the first time I've ever used a protein powder and I don't really know much about them except they have protein. The reviews I've found online seem to be favorable, the only real issue seems to be with flavor and texture.

The taste is bearable (not great, but drinkable) with both skim+ and water. Way better with milk though... kind of like someone melted a protein bar into some Nestle Quik.

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Just got a big container of this stuff at wal-mart for the low, low price of 12$ (I got the cookies and cream flavor). It tastes ok, and I think it should do what I'm looking for. Since I've stopped eating meat I've noticed that I have a much, MUCH harder time keeping up my protein level, especially considering I've been doing kettlebell workouts, and almost daily running (5+ runs a week now... yay!). So, I figured I would pick it up. Its way cheaper than the stuff at GNC, and each serving is 26g of whey protein which is a BIG boost for me.

It seems to meet all of my demands... not soy based (I eat enough soy, don't need it for my supplements too), gives me protein, and even has a little creatine monohydrate.

Can anyone else give me advice about this stuff? Anything I should be concerned about? This is the first time I've ever used a protein powder and I don't really know much about them except they have protein. The reviews I've found online seem to be favorable, the only real issue seems to be with flavor and texture.

The taste is bearable (not great, but drinkable) with both skim+ and water. Way better with milk though... kind of like someone melted a protein bar into some Nestle Quik.
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just bought the chocolate because my neurologist said I needed to take in more protein (I guess that somehow helps migraines?). I like the flavor, and the amount of protein (26g/big scoop) really helps me get my daily requirements, but I've never had anything like that before, either. I'll be interested to hear any responses you get...thanks for asking it! :drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about protein powder too since I am also a vegetarian and need to keep my protein up. I saw that kind you mentioned at WalMart also and almost bought it but it was so HUGE and I didn't want to get it if I didn't like it and have all that left over. I don't remember though, did they have other flavors? Not a huge cookies and cream fan.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I used that stuff for a while, the chocolate flavor, though. I found that mixing it with a metal whisk attached to a mixer worked best for me. The thing you have to watch out for with products like that is that they are not evaluated by theFDA....it says so, right on the label. So....it is possible that it doesn't contain exactly what it says on the label. But then again, the $30+ stuff at GNC probably has the same statement.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I buy all sorts of flavors and make protein pancakes. I actually made a batch of Cookies N Creme Wednesday. I get all my protein powder at GNC. Their's seems to be the only one I like the taste of. The Chocolate Carmel ones are divine as well...yum!!! They are really good, quick and easy. I will also blend my prtein drink with water and ice...kinda makes it like a smoothie or shake and is easier to drink in my opinion....
  • msarro
    Options
    I was wondering about protein powder too since I am also a vegetarian and need to keep my protein up. I saw that kind you mentioned at WalMart also and almost bought it but it was so HUGE and I didn't want to get it if I didn't like it and have all that left over. I don't remember though, did they have other flavors? Not a huge cookies and cream fan.

If it makes you feel better when you open it its only about half full, if that :smile:
    Seems kind of like a waste of packaging to me, but c'est la vie.