SALAD SHOCKER

Options
These were crazy...
I thought I would share....

Chili's Quesadilla Explosion Salad = 1,260 calories, 76g fat, and 84g carbs (POINTS. value 31*)!

Applebee's California Shrimp Salad = 1,310 calories (POINTS. value of at least 26*)!

Carl's Jr. Taco Salad = 970 calories, 58g fat, and 76g carbs (POINTS. value 23*)!

Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Florentine Salad = 900 calories, 60g fat, and 65g carbs (POINTS. value 22*)!

Outback Steakhouse Pittsburgh Style Steakhouse Salad = 1,370 calories (POINTS. value of at least 27*)!

Replies

• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    These were crazy...
    I thought I would share....

Chili's Quesadilla Explosion Salad = 1,260 calories, 76g fat, and 84g carbs (POINTS. value 31*)!

Applebee's California Shrimp Salad = 1,310 calories (POINTS. value of at least 26*)!

Carl's Jr. Taco Salad = 970 calories, 58g fat, and 76g carbs (POINTS. value 23*)!

Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Florentine Salad = 900 calories, 60g fat, and 65g carbs (POINTS. value 22*)!

Outback Steakhouse Pittsburgh Style Steakhouse Salad = 1,370 calories (POINTS. value of at least 27*)!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how bad a salad can be!
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Applebees Salad with Steak on top. Its only about 3 oz of steak, with a lot of lettuce, a tiny bit of cheese no croutons.
  • pattitricia85
    pattitricia85 Posts: 376
    Options
    wow... i have gotten the shrimp salad before. I ask for no dressing... but thats still WAY to many calories! thanks for the good info!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I know it is amazing how many calories are in those salads
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    One of these days someone will offer great tasting salads that are still low-cal, low-fat, and are actually GOOD for you, the way a salad was intended! And that person will make a killing...! Any restaurant entrepreneurs out there? :wink: :drinker:
  • lindseyanne3
    Options
    Make me feel better for ordering the steak and steamed veggies... probably the same amount of calories... Well, maybe....:wink:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    One of these days someone will offer great tasting salads that are still low-cal, low-fat, and are actually GOOD for you, the way a salad was intended! And that person will make a killing...! Any restaurant entrepreneurs out there? :wink: :drinker:

Even though the idea of running/owning a restaurant sends a deep chill through me (OMG the insanity of it all!) , it really is tempting, and you're right, the person who finally decides to take that plunge and can prove that their "healthy" menu really IS healthy, is going to be swimming in money.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get my daughter's boyfriend to open an vegetarian restaurant with healthy salad and other options. He graduates from culinary school soon and is studying in Paris right now for 2 weeks so maybe he will consider it.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We actually have a place in our mall's food court (of all places!) that does do healthy salad choices, all they have is salad and all the fixings and of course all the dressings you can imagine! It's called "Crisp Salads".
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get my daughter's boyfriend to open an vegetarian restaurant with healthy salad and other options. He graduates from culinary school soon and is studying in Paris right now for 2 weeks so maybe he will consider it.

Does he want to open a restaurant in Michigan?! :wink: If not I'm willing to relocate...! :laugh: Willing to relocate for food...:noway: Oh the insanity of it all!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Does he want to open a restaurant in Michigan?! :wink: If not I'm willing to relocate...! :laugh: Willing to relocate for food...:noway: Oh the insanity of it all!

We are in Fort Wayne Indiana right now (kinda close to Michigan). I do know he doesn't want to stay here but I told him he can't take my daughter more than 2-3 hours away. :noway:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Make me feel better for ordering the steak and steamed veggies... probably the same amount of calories... Well, maybe....:wink:

I actually find it really amusing sometimes when I go out with friends who order the salads because they think it "diet" food or healthier and then are astonished that I order a steak and vegetable. They think I'm being bad :tongue: I've learned to just smile and nod. It's actually less calories. You can get a 6 oz steak and steamed veggies for about 300 calories. It's even less fat than all the cheese, fried croutons and dressing on a salad too :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Most everyone offers these.
    It's called the house or side salad.
    :laugh:
    Oh, almost forgot.... house/side salad with light dressing on the side
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow! I've only recently started to count colories, and I can only imagine how many I've been consuming before. Those stats on the salads are really eye opening!

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I was throwing 3,000 calories in my system on a regular basis.

:noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've only recently started to count colories, and I can only imagine how many I've been consuming before. Those stats on the salads are really eye opening!

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I was throwing 3,000 calories in my system on a regular basis.

:noway:

When I look back at all the "healthy" foods I was eating but still fat, it's no wonder!!!
    I was eating these "healthy" salads, or "healthy" meats cooked in oils and fats galore. I was swimming in high cal dairy.
    It really does take more than the piddly nutritional education you get in grammar school to learn how to eat right.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options

I actually find it really amusing sometimes when I go out with friends who order the salads because they think it "diet" food or healthier and then are astonished that I order a steak and vegetable. They think I'm being bad :tongue: I've learned to just smile and nod. It's actually less calories. You can get a 6 oz steak and steamed veggies for about 300 calories. It's even less fat than all the cheese, fried croutons and dressing on a salad too :wink:
    I agree....
    Sometimes I try to "lightly" educate in the salad department with some family but sometimes they would rather see it their way...oh well
  • ElliePeace
    ElliePeace Posts: 18
    Options
    Salads are great.. its just the dressings etc that raise the calories!
    Instead of buying salads why dont you make them?
    Less calories, and you know for certain what has gone into them!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I went to Applebee's 2 days ago and ALMOST got the California Shrimp Salad. GEESH! :noway: 1,310 calories that's ridiculous. I'm so glad I didn't get it.

I ended up choosing the cajun lime tilapia, which (thank gosh) only has 310 cals! AND it was absolutely delicious. I def recommend this for anyone that needs a yummy, low cal, good meal at applebees :smile: