Peanut butter junkies?

Options

Replies

• klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I tried the fancy organic stuff, but it was hard as a rock on the bottom, and no amount of stirring was going to change that. I switched to skippy natural. The ingredients are: peanuts, sugar, salt, and palm oil. I'm ok with that, and you don't have to stir it.
  • emeh
    emeh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Freeze it in daily allowances. I am a peanut butter junkie too, a 350gm jar will last a week if I am strong. To counter the weak will what I have decided to do, and have done for the first time is take a 350gm jar of lite smooth Eta Peanut butter, when at home teaspoon it out on to grease proof paper or baking paper spoonful by 10 gm aprox spoonful freeze it on a tray. This morning I took out my first allownece and will have it as a dressing for fried tofu and salad greens with half a sweet potato done in the microwave and cubed.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    buy "organic" only....
  • Galletakek
    Options
    I like Adam's Peanut Butter
    ^
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Smuckers natural :) LOVE pb. I also use PB2 which is a powdered peanut butter very low cal but I only use that to mix with a banana or ice cream. Also great in smoothies!
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I buy Skippy Natural...peanut butter seems to be the only thing I can eat for breakfast that keeps me from feeling famished half way through the morning.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's my number 1 cure for hiccups! But I am a fan all the time! Especially the real bad stuff, like Peter Pan Peanut Butter! Mmmmmm
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I am a PB addict! I can't buy the jars or else I will eat the whole thing! I stick with the JIF To Go cups, or order PB2 online. :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When I buy peanut butter, I get natural or "old fashioned" peanut butter, the kind with the oil at the top, and pour the oil off the top (to reduce the fat content). All that should be in this type of peanut butter is peanuts and maybe salt. I used to buy multiple jars and let them sit for a few months so there was more/better separation of the oil. I recently got a food processor, so I will be making my own peanut butter from raw rather than roasted peanuts.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I like to buy it when it's on sale or a reasonable price. I can eat peanut butter by itself.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror and I will have to admit it. I am a peanut butter addict as well. My favorite is by Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. The name says it all. It is peanut butter blended with rich dark chocolate. I am allowed one tablespoon a day. I portion it out because I will cheat, cheat, cheat and keep licking the knife! After I take out my one tablespoon, I can only eat it in my dreams. Hmmmm maybe that is why they call it Dark Chocolate Dreams. Yummy!

I also love Maranatha chunky almond butter. Delish!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too! Trader Joe's makes a great natural peanut butter (salt, peanuts only) for just over $2. It is one of my staples when I make the journey there once/month.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oh, I will try the trader joe's brand. I want only peanuts with no additional sugar.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter ALL the time. I am ADDICTED!!! i eat the jif natural crunchy peanut butter. it has way less sodium then other brands
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2! It's PB without all the fat. Only 45 cals for two tablespoons!
  • sorchagriannon
    Options

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and am in love with it. I use it in my chocolate protein drink, and it ends up tasting just like a reese's peanut butter cup. I'm planning on trying it when I cook as well, but for now, it's totally my favorite add-in:)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    whole foods markets creamy peanut butter. hubby loves chunky.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options

does it taste like real peanut butter?
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    skippy natural peanut butter :0
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

i might be the minority..but i didn't like it :(