anyone got any advice on how to stop a sugar craving?

Options
i am in meltdown lol am stuck in a house full ov cakes and am really tempted wot do i do to take my mind off them?

Replies

• nevaehevol
    Options
    i am in meltdown lol am stuck in a house full ov cakes and am really tempted wot do i do to take my mind off them?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk.

Drink some water.

Have a piece of fruit.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...think about yourself, your health and your goals...grin and bear it, it will pass...find healthy alternatives...good luck, I know its tuff.

I don't keep the bad stuff in the house anymore...I don't want to risk giving in...I make my boyfriend keep his candies and treats in his truck!
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    Brush your teeth.:bigsmile:
  • mgates2000
    Options
    check out mckenna.com's strange but powerful tapping technique! it somehow reduces cravings WHILE you think of the food you want.

he also says you should let yourself have a very small piece of whatever you crave, eating it with VERY slow bites, chewing alot, setting the fork down between bites and really concentrating on the flavor.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Go exersice right now....
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    chew gum, suck on a cinnamon stick or drink hot water...those seem to work for me.
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    GUM! I really like Orbit's Bubblemint. It's sugar free but tends to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • braydoherty
    Options
    Get it out of the house! Not your house? Stay positive. Think thin! Drink coffee or tea or water.
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    I've heard that gum can help satisfy the sweet tooth. I like to eat a yummy piece of fruit like papaya or lychee. I've heard watermelon is also good at calming sweet tooth cravings.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i have a baked apple for my sweet tooth so i dont feel deprived it only takes a few mins in the microwave
    and it feels like i have my own special treat
    i saw a recipe on the board somewhere and thought what a great idea
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Has anyone suggested eating something sugary? That might fix it... ohh wait.. scrap that :tongue:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Has anyone suggested eating something sugary? That might fix it... ohh wait.. scrap that :tongue:

If all else fails.......:laugh:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    drink water

plantlady
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth.:bigsmile:

I just love your dog. I have a beagle and just love him.

plantlady