New Years = WAY over on calories, ugh

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
What can I say, it was New Year's. I purposely saved some calories for last night (I think I had like 300-400 left), but I'm sure I got way more than that. We had a party at our place and we had a chocolate fountain so I dipped rice crispies, marshmallows, etc. in that, plus I ate some cheese puffs my roommate made, plus chips and guacamole. Not to mention a few shots of vodka, a few of rum, and a small glass of wine. I don't even want to THINK about how many calories it all added up to.

Should I eat less calories than my goal today, or just go back to normal? Also, anyone else get way out of control for New Years?

Replies

• Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Go back to normal, drink lots of water and exercise. It's one day. :smile:
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just go back to normal. Don't dwell on it just do as you normally would from now on. One day isn't going to ruin it for you. Just be glad you realized that you went over. Remember the feeling you have now about going over and think about it next time you think about going over again.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I'm with you. I had save like 500 calories for last night, but the food and 1 drink got the better of me. Even worse, I got on the scale this morning and was up 2 pounds from yesterday. So not impressed with myself. Starting over today and getting back to normal, as much as possible. Good luck to u!
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    Don't under eat today to make up for something that is in the past. What's done is done, so just go back to normal. I didn't go over my calorie goal last night, but I did wind up drinking more of my unused calories than I had anticipated, lol.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hell- it's just one day! Don't let that get you down. It's not going to hurt to have one day every now and then where you splurge. In fact, my doctor told me it was best to do that because it would keep me from blowing my diet all together and binge eating. Sometimes it's nice to have a "me" day and not worry about it.

I know that I pigged out last night. (At least it felt that way after I've been so careful the last few days.)

Just enjoy your night, don't sweat it, and move on! Eat your regular calories, go to the gym, and look forward to a new year!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    /agreed Eat normally. You enjoyed your New Year's Eve. It's no crime. Just don't let it keep going. Start logging again today. Plan it all out in advance if you need to. But get back on track! :}