Blue Team WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• mrwatson
    mrwatson Posts: 66
    Options
    How often does everyone weigh them selves.? I've been doing it almost daily, and now I'm more again. I couldn't eat all my exercise calories yesterday, maybe that's the culprit. Anyway, I know I look slimmer, so I'm going to try to just weigh 1X/ week cause it does nothing but upset me.:cry: Everywhere I read it tells me to eat only so many cals-so I really don't have a clue how many I should eat anymore. Uggh. Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm sore today, but am going to either do Kempo Karate, or sprints. Weights tomorrow. :drinker: Chug-a-Lug!

I weigh once or twice a week. Anymore than that drives me crazy since my weight tends to flucuate.

Be sure you update your weight on your goal page. You can also update your activity level. This is not done automatically when you update the check in page. Your calorie recommendations could be off if your weight or activity has changed.

Okay, I really need to do a last chance workout since I won't be able to get much exercise in this weekend.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    How often does everyone weigh them selves.? I've been doing it almost daily, and now I'm more again. I couldn't eat all my exercise calories yesterday, maybe that's the culprit. Anyway, I know I look slimmer, so I'm going to try to just weigh 1X/ week cause it does nothing but upset me.:cry: Everywhere I read it tells me to eat only so many cals-so I really don't have a clue how many I should eat anymore. Uggh. Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm sore today, but am going to either do Kempo Karate, or sprints. Weights tomorrow. :drinker: Chug-a-Lug!

I TRY to weigh once a week now.. Before when I weighed myself everyday.. like 6-10 times a day (no joking!! I would do it everytime I had to use the washroom which is a lot when you drink about 4-6litres of water a day hahah) If my weight went up I would get discouraged and want to eat more with the "im already gaining anyways!! so why not!" attitude.. Or if I saw the number go down.. I would be happy and then cut myself some slack.. which would make my weight go back up.. *sigh*

Weighing once a week is working GREAT for me!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

I usually only weigh once a week, on Tuesday mornings, and sometimes again on Wedn morning to see if it went down a little more to report to the group. I can feel when I'm going to be on the heavier side so I avoid it, knowing it'll only make my mood worse.:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hey Rach,

You might want to consider seeing a doctor today. You may need some help to get over that cold. A little medicine may improve the outlook for your weekend:smile:

I'd LOVE to go see the doc but unfortunately work won't let me leave...not that I have anything to do anyway. Oh well. :ohwell:
  • mrwatson
    mrwatson Posts: 66
    Options
    I could write you a note:wink:

Please excuse RachVR6 from work this afternoon. She is ill and requires medical attention. Your cooperation with this matter is appreciated.

Thank you,
    mrwatson
  • RachVR6
    Options

Please excuse RachVR6 from work this afternoon. She is ill and requires medical attention. Your cooperation with this matter is appreciated.

Thank you,
    mrwatson

:laugh:

I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, maybe it's the nice wheather, or the dayquil haha. I'm looking forward to getting home and doing some Kenpo, and maybe trying to run a bit in my moms neighborhood. She has sidewalks. :bigsmile: If I ran on my busy street, I can guarantee you I'd be dead within 5min. :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Thank you,
    mrwatson

EXCUSED>>>>>go home and rest! Enjoy feeling a bit better
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Uh oooooooooh...

I'm out of tissues!!! :noway:

:laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Went to the Docs today- He's a looker!,:blushing: Anyway, yes I know I'm bad:tongue: -he says my shoulder is healing great, actually very surprised, and had been worried about me and all the pain I had been in. He was very pleased with my range of motion and now I can slowly start lifting weights.:bigsmile: Start off with 3-5 lbs, and work up slowly. Yay, I'm happy. I told him I was coming to get a job there. Sweet hours for a nurse, and close to my home. And I'd be working with Docs that actually speak English. I might check it out. They have a gym there too! (It's a Sports injury Clinic). The weather sucks here, and I'm going to lie down-yes I'm putting off exercising till later...:yawn:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Rach - feel better :flowerforyou: and don't over-do it!

hmo-glad your shoulder is better! And one of my Drs is way hottttt too! :happy:

I have started weighing in once here and once with another challenge on a different day. It's made me not have a cheat day like I used to a looong time ago. I don't know that it's healthy to weigh yourself that much but I get really motivated to see I lost weight from the last check-in and think that surely I can do another half pound by my next weigh-in!

I am DONE with my class assignments and papers. I cannot believe I wrote a 5 page paper in three hours today, complete with quotations and everything... while my nine month old daughter made her usual ruckus. The true test will be to see if I passed! :laugh:

I still have a final to do in two weeks but right now, I feel FREE!!!!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Got in all my water but went to the pizza parlor for dinner with the fam and oh got to go work out for another 30 minutes since I over did it. At least I have some time still left in the day - er night :laugh:

Went to the movies and didn't dip into the popcorn :happy: and only had water and a couple of snacks I brought in my purse so didn't feel deprived at all.

Hope everyone has a great Friday night and everyone who is under the weather starts to get on the mend - and fast!
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    I over did it a little today too, but I had enough time left to be able to work it all off, plus some. I hope y'all have a great weekend and I'll post as often as I can this weekend.:wink:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm here everyone just to let you know I'm just out of state and celibrating our anniversery so this weekend is a no count calories weekend. :bigsmile: But back on the wagen on Monday. :flowerforyou:
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Options
    :smile: It has been raining here for two days straight so walking is out but I wil try to use my exercise video for a couple of days. Stupid rain LOL

172559.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to exercise or treadmill all day yesterday. Hopefully I can make it up today. wish me luck.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    hotmom - I'm glad your shoulder is doing better. :flowerforyou: Nothin' wrong with checkin out the doc, either!! :laugh: It'll get your heart rate up and you'll burn more calories!! :wink:

j_g - have a good weekend :flowerforyou:

bbogart and AZwildcatnNC - hope you guys have a great weekend, too!!!! :drinker:

chickadee and chosen - good luck to both of you getting your workouts in!! :glasses: Darn rain, chosen! lol

I weighed this morning and am down a pound... feels good!! My boyfriend and two friends of ours are going to the beach in late June... so I'm trying to prep physically and mentally for that. When we get back, I am planning on moving out of our apartment and moving back to my mom's. My boyfriend doesn't know yet and it is really, really hard to be around him right now. I discovered the other day he is flirting really heavily with a girl he met on MySpace, telling her all sorts of personal things about our relationship, lying to her about me and is planning on meeting her tonight.

Oddly enough, I kind of feel peaceful.
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    lcorrell, I'm sorry you're going through that with your boyfriend. How disappointing. But at least you caught it and you will do better without him.

I've actually had a really rough day. I was hurt by 2 people that I trusted most in my life and it's been trying. While I've forgiven them and hope to move on, forgetting will be a whole other thing. It's time to make some major changes in my life anyway, so maybe this will be one of those instances that I'll look back, years from now, and think of it as a good thing? But for now, I'm hurting.

That being said, I've done pretty well on my eating, considering. Didn't exercise today though. Did drink my water too... so at least maybe the scale will be kind to me.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I hope everyone going through a tough time right now can find the strength they need to pull through and not turn to food. You're all in my prayers. :flowerforyou:

After a loooong week of studying and writing, I went to work today. It was mentally exhausting and when I came home, my daughter desperately needed a nap but she's so tired that she won't go to sleep. These are the times when I tend to eat the most for comfort and so far, I've defeated it almost every time. My boss sent me home with a few chocolate chip cookies. I gave away some but the others were kind of calling my name. It's my biggest weakness. The thing I know that I cannot keep around because there is no "saving it for later". They were gone before I even pulled in the driveway! Thankfully they were small and she didn't send me home with too many!!! I'll just log them and move on.

Don't even think about suggesting I work out to work them off. Someone would have to call an ambulance for me and my daughter doesn't know how to do that just yet. :laugh:

Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    lcorrell - All things happen for a reason! I would actually prefer your situation. It'd be much easier to leave my bf if he gave me a good reason too. And it doesn't help that he doesn't have a license or a work visa so I'd pretty much leave him stranded and he'd have to move back in with his mom and lose his job. It's like, hey I'm going to break your heart and then screw up everything you've got going for you. :ohwell: I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Well we've been relocating cars all day. Borrowed a truck and trailer so we could move 2 of my bf's cars from his moms to our house. Her landlords were threatening to have them towed, because they just 'didn't want them there'. They were sitting in her driveway not bothering anything and they don't look junky either. Who knows. Then we had to take another one to WV and bring a truck back up here. So it's been a looong day of jumping cars and such. :yawn:

I think I'm gonna shower and get to bed early.
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Is there anyway I can join the team?