another heart rate monitor question

Options
I was looking at the different hrm's and noticed not all of them have chest straps. Would you recommend one with or without a chest strap and for what reasons? I think I'd rather one without it, but if its more acurate to get one with a chest strap then I will get one of those....
hope to hear some feedback, thanks! :heart:

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the different hrm's and noticed not all of them have chest straps. Would you recommend one with or without a chest strap and for what reasons? I think I'd rather one without it, but if its more acurate to get one with a chest strap then I will get one of those....
    hope to hear some feedback, thanks! :heart:
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just bought one with a chest strap I love it
    When I was shopping around it appeared that if it didn't have a chest strap you would have to hold your fingers on the actual watch to get your heart rate and I just didn't want to deal with that I just wanted to exercise and not have to consciously remember to take my pulse
    I bought an f6 I love it
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    My vote would be to buy one with the chest strap. They're more accurate on the calorie burn. I use the Polar F6 and I LOVE it. It even keeps track of my workouts by week in a diary.
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    good point. how do you wear it, does it clip onto your clothing?
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    cool. where did u get it and about how much did it cost?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    maybe i had the wrong one, but i hated the chest strap. i have the one that you put your finger on the watch for like, 3 seconds and like it.
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    It's a strap with an adjustable elastic band that is machine washable. It snaps very easily into place and you can wear it right under your sports bra line. I can't even feel mine at all.

It was about $109 retail and I got it on Amazon.

Good luck!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    From reviews I've read on other websites, chest straps work best. I, too, have a Polar F6, got it from drugstore.com, but logged into that via ebates.com so I could get a 6% discount on it. Ended up paying $102.00...shipping was free. The chest strap is very comfortable. I literally don't even notice it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    reebok has one with chest strap that is only about 40. it gets a lot of good reviews, I don't have one (yet) but when I get the $$$ that's the one I will be getting.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Polar F6
    Chest strap
    It was love at first sight.
    We fit each other perfectly.
    we're getting pretty serious now (I think I'm going to make it a key to my apartment).

:wink:
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    thanks for the feedback!
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor ... yet. However I have done a lot of research and know a lot of people who have heart rate monitors and the majority have Polar F6's and they LOVE them!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought my HRM and love love love it! I wore it the other day while I was going about my usual daily activities just to see how many calories I burned doing the dishes, eating dinner, etc. I was amazed! I ordered mine offline at this site. http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/Pages/POLAR/F6.html
    They offer free overnight shipping with all orders. :bigsmile:
  • Hemis_mom
    Options
    I got mine at ****'s sporting Goods they had 10% off sale AND a 10 mail in rebate
    So I think I will have paid 88$ if I get my rebate back
    Oh I have an f6 I was concerned about the strap but you really can't feel it and it is nice reinforcement when you have to take the strap in!
  • Hemis_mom
    Options
    LOL you can write the name of a sporting good store because you might mean something else not appropriate! TOO FUNNY
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    I'll be getting my F6 at MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-Op) ... just because I get a 25% discount there :)
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm so glad somebody brought this up again! I was planning on getting one to see if 1 reason I might be stuck was because I wasn't burning as many calories as I thought or maybe I was burning way more and not eating enough back! THANKS!