20-30 somethings with ~50 lbs to lose? Add me!

Options
Hi! I'm 22 and havent owned a scale since high school but I recently stepped on a scale and was completely floored to discover that I've gained 50 lbs in college (and im 5'2 so i must have really flawed eye sight). I never would have suspected that i now have a BMI that puts me just over the line into the obese realm. This wake up call prompted me to join weight watchers and try using MFP again on my phone.

Ive had the app for almost a year, but I missed out on all the community because this is my first time on the website.

I'm hoping to find other people out there who are in similar positions. Any other young adults with 30-100 lbs to lose? I've never had to commit to this much of a lifestyle change and i'm excited but i'd love support.

Thank you!

Replies

• JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I added you :)

I'll be 20 on Wednesday and I need to lose 48lbs.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hiya sent you an add and message :)
  • loulou2085
    Options
    Hi

I'll add you, I am 5ft 2 with about 50lbs to lose overall before I am back to a normal weight again
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristen and I am 24. My highest weight was 235 and that was summer of 2010. Over that summer I lost 35. Ever since then I have been up and down between 200-210. I've been here since November and have lost 21.8 pounds so far. I have never actually changed my lifestyle til now. And I truly feel that this is something I can stick with for a long time. I have started to enjoy being active and enjoy eating healthy. Plus I realized how much money I am saving by not buying junk food or fast food all the time... :smile:

I gained a lot of my weight in college too...Its about time for it to come off...

Feel free to add me! You can do this and you can be a better you!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 with 20 more pounds to lose. Sending you a friend request now... :)
  • kayleec2
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new also. I am 23 with 40 lbs to lose. I also gained 40 lbs in college. I'm about to graduate with a masters degree and don't feel healthy enough to enjoy it. Yipe. Dang grad school.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey All, not new to this but, have definately let myself slip. Feel free to add me!
  • goodgollymrsholly86
    Options
    I am 25 I am 4"10 I weigh 180 lbs looking to lose 30 -50 lbs ! Add me if you would like =)
  • aleanamarie
    Options
    I am 20, turning 21 in February whoot whoot! I am trying to loose about 50 pounds. I am on here trying to find support and to give others support. I am actually very surprised there are girls, my age with my issues on here. I hope to hear more you. Please feel free to add me!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome ,if i can help in any way just ask my name is Jed :happy:
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm 25 at 180 pounds. I was 210 (highest 219), I lost 30 and looking to lose 30 more. So I'm def on your side!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey! i'm 20 (a junior in college), I gained ~55-60 pounds between the summer before college and winter of soph year. I am down 30 now but am looking for another 35 to lose
    Anyone else that wants to be friends add me :)
  • CECE2bHealthy
    Options
    hi I'm a florida native Im 25 will be 26 in May 2012 I'm very new to the MFP and I must confessthat Im a my highest 258 and I'm 5'2 my altimate goal is to lose 163 by Dec 2012 But I would love to be 40 pounds lighter by my 26 birthday. you can add me if you like CeCe2bHealthy
  • mrsdixon814
    mrsdixon814 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 28 and last summer I hit my highest weight of 230 lbs at 5'4". It was a depressing wake up call. I've lost 15lbs in a year, which is both good and bad. I joined this site at the urging of two good friends also trying to make a change. I would like to lose about 80 lbs. It's going to be a long difficult road the end result will be awesome. I'm trying to be motivated and can use all the support I can get so If you want to add me, feel free. Let's help each other out! I wish you luck this year!
  • CECE2bHealthy
    Options
    and I'm also a college student go UF!!
  • lds31916
    Options
    I am 24 and have 60+ pounds to lose. I have always been overweight, but am at my absolute heaviest now after gaining 20 pounds since April after suffering a very traumatic event. I want to be healthy for my 4 year old daughter and try to change the pattern so she doesn't end up obese like me.
  • TyatKU
    TyatKU Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I gained all my weight in my post-grad college years! The stress is a killer! In the last 2 weeks, I've forgotten about Facebook and spent all my time here. I am shooting for 30 lbs to have lost in six months. Good luck in school, and don't forget to exercise!!!
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Hi,

I have just celebrated my 32nd birthday (on 30th December) and have 55lb to lose. I did only have 35lb but have put on 20lb in the past few months.

Have sent you a friend request :)
  • abatista27
    abatista27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hahahha i hear you! I am currently applying fir 6-yr phd programs and if my eating habits continue i will definitely reach the point of no return before the end of grad school!
  • kutenthick1
    Options
    Hello...my name is LaKeetah and i just turned 25. Im 5'2 and 192! Just weighted myself...its time for me to loose weight once and for all! I love food and that my problem...and also i am a couch potato...please add me as a friend i am really excited to meet new people with the same interest in getting healthy and loose weight!