Too embarrassed to be seen in public

Options
2»

Replies

• yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I'm on MFP every single day!
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    remember it is not a diet instead it is a new healthy lifestyle :-)

feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Welcome! add me if you wish!

Here is some tips!

females no less than 1200 cals a day
    males no less than 1800 cals a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day is a pretty good amount =)

Don't call it a diet just be wise on what you put into your body and treat yourself when you meet your goals

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, don't eat the samethings daily or do the same workouts or your body will plateau

but i learned all this when I gained 195lbs from quitting smoking, got on track with healthy eating and workouts and lost 156lbs in 19 months (put some back on with stress of buying/selling houses) but back on track now =)

you can do it! promise!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am losing about 1.5 pounds a week. Slow but sure progress. Started out in 20's that were tight, and now I'm in 14's that are loose! I didn't think I could lose weight after 40, but one day at a time, I'm doing it.

Hang in there! You can do this.
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to meet some new friends that plan on being on here daily. Today is my first day on here and I started my diet today. I plan on being on here daily since I'll need the support because my self control after the "new" wears off is really bad! It's going to be a great year!

I'm here for the same. Friend me.
  • Shortymax
    Shortymax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new on here started yesterday. Really like the app it's showing me exactly how many calories I am taking in rather then just my mental note of it which makes it easier to cheat. Seeing I went over 75 calories helps me not make the same mistake the next day. I'm going to loose these 10 pounds & get in better shape. :) wouldn't mind making a few friends :)
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Diet is definitely not a good word.

Life change. That's what it is, that's what it has to be. If I don't make it a life change, I'll die of a heart attack ("very high cholesterol") before I even have grand kids.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Always happy for new friends :)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Add me!! This is a wonderful place to be and we all need support.