Do you believe in Ghosts?

Options
servilia
servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
Anyone ever had any experience with ghosts? I was at a party some time ago and I heard some crazy stories!!

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe in spirits. My boyfriend died my freshman year of college and he is with me everyday. :D I don't have any freaky stories though...I'm boring lol.
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    No stories to tell, but I definitely believe :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I believe in a supernatural,angels and demons but ghosts in the sense of disembodied spirits of the dead then no.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Nope. Its the power of suggestion taking over your mind.
  • Karenmarciano
    Karenmarciano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also believe in spirits and energy. I have a friend who is a master in Reiki (sp?) anyway she did a special clearing of our house (which is old) and said there were different energies that needed to move on. She explained it to me once like have you ever walked into a room and something just made the hairs raise up on your skin/neck? Or conversely, have you ever walked into a place and felt very good (because the energies were good). What kind of stories did you hear?
  • K_Stewart
    K_Stewart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to no believe until this past semester. One of my professors seriously does ghost hunts. He has captured shadow figures on video in a completely empty house, unexplainable moans and groans, etc.. Students can volunteer to be research assistants. One of the girls in my class became one. She went on a hunt and was attacked. She had scratch marks down her back. The strange thing is there was only three scratches down her back instead of five. Pretty freaky. It gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I also believe in spirits and energy. I have a friend who is a master in Reiki (sp?) anyway she did a special clearing of our house (which is old) and said there were different energies that needed to move on. She explained it to me once like have you ever walked into a room and something just made the hairs raise up on your skin/neck? Or conversely, have you ever walked into a place and felt very good (because the energies were good). What kind of stories did you hear?

Well one guy was on a boat in China and woke up from sleep. He looked at the cabin door and the knob turned and the door opened and he got up and checked and there was no one in the hallway. Another guy told us that spirits/ghosts come and talk to his aunt and ask her to contact living relatives. He was hesitant to tell us about it and seemed genuine enough. My friend's sister's friend can apparently see spirits and told the sister she has an old man spirit in her house. And weird things happen, like electronics turning off and on, and the dial on her ipod being adjusted even when it's unplugged. Stuff like that.
    I'm skeptical but open to possibilities.
    I definitely feel the energies in different places. The only really weird thing that happens to me is that at least once a week, as I'm walking down a street, a streetlight will go out just as I pass it. And it's a different streetlight each time, not the same one lol
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I believe in spirts and energy. My friend B had a awesome story. Her grandmother called her and they talked for a good 30 minutes. After she got off the phone her mother called her into the living room to give her some bad news. When B came in the room her mom asked her who she was talking too. B Said grandma. Her mom told her to stop lying and no she didn't. B said I did, i talked to her for 30 minutes. Her mom told her that her grandma died 2 hours ago in the hospital.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Does the holy ghost count :)? other wise I do believe in demons... fallen angels,what ever you wanna call it ...but only in one ghost.. :)
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely. I have felt a cold presence on more than one occasion. Also heard my friend's mom, who had passed, laughing. Nobody was home and no tvs or radio was on. He went on to tell me other things that had happened after she'd passed away. Creepy. I had one last year at my sister's wedding. I got really creeped out in this basement room where the bathroom was. Heard weird noises and got this overwhelming sense that I was being watched.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    There are spirits among us, good and bad, I've experienced both
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I do...as I've never had a personal experience.
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    An evil being keeps telling me to eat chocolate candy bars.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    yea, one is running around my ceiling now!! :O
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Yes, I lived in a house that was built in the 1900s and I could tell you a few hair raisers that happened to me. I believe in angels and demons are among us, and really...who knows what else?
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does the holy ghost count :)? other wise I do believe in demons... fallen angels,what ever you wanna call it ...but only in one ghost.. :)

^^ this
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I believe, have had a couple of strange experiences. One was at the Hotel Colorado, an old hotel in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Nothing evil, just many bizarre incidents with items moving around the room. At night I would fall asleep and lay my book on the night stand, the next morning it was on a table across the room. One night my room and car keys (which I always put in the night stand drawer) were found way up under the bed. And finally, woke up one morning to find all of my clothes from the closet and chest were out and on the floor. I checked out that day! I asked at the front desk and the rumor was there was the ghost of a maid that had died on that floor. She was harmless but she "Purposely" caused a mess with intentions of cleaning up. One thing for sure, that ghost bit*ch never did clean up her messes! I had to do it!!! :noway: :grumble:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think I had a ghost in my house but my ex scared him away. She has a way of scaring people away. Sorry, I had some wine tonight. Im retarded
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    I believe in a supernatural,angels and demons but ghosts in the sense of disembodied spirits of the dead then no.
    This ^^^^^ it's all about those frequencies. For instance radio waves are in the same room but you can't see or hear them until you tune in to the same frequency.