100 pushup challenge

Options

Replies

• pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Great! Glad to have more joining! 'girl' pushups are totally fine! I toyed with the idea too... ;)

That's cool then, I'm in!!!!

awesome. :happy:
  • pipinana
    Options
    I'm in. Do we join a group or how does this work?

jtreat17, i'm just keeping a spreadsheet, and we'll keep track on this thread...
  • pipinana
    Options
    So far we have 21 in our challenge! EXCITING.

If everyone can post however much they did in their initial testing, I'll put it in the spreadsheet.

Make sure to read the challenge here:

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I cannot do a normal push up to save my life, I can just about do the soft version (knees on the ground) but I don't think that is what the challenge is about.

What I find is a decent technique is 2-fold. First, do knee pushups so that you can get the full range of motion and do as many as you can with this technique.
    Next, do standard pushups, but only go down as far as you can while still being able to push yourself back up. If that means your elbows only bend a little, you can eventually work your way up to being able to do full pushups...........it's an uphill battle and Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the program and it looks great. I do BodyRock.tv a lot but a program like this will be a great supplement.
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge ---- I'm in. I take/teach martial arts and we do push-ups every day, but usually stop at 25-30 consecutive ones. Need work on my upper body strength and toning the arms will only be an added benefit.

initial test: 37 ----
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    when i was a teenager i used to pump out 100 pushups (military style - chin up, on toes, shoulder width). i think i can do about 8 of those now. :frown:
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    count me in ;-)
  • rhouser9021
    Options
    I'm down! I saw this challenge a while back and wanted to try it. Would be a great addition to my C25K plan :)
  • ashcandi
    Options
    Count me in! I can't even do 10 push ups now!
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!
  • pipinana
    Options
    Great Challenge ---- I'm in. I take/teach martial arts and we do push-ups every day, but usually stop at 25-30 consecutive ones. Need work on my upper body strength and toning the arms will only be an added benefit.

initial test: 37 ----

Awesome start!
  • tcojames
    Options
    I'm in.

Initial test: 20
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Inital test: 25 "knee pushups"

I know you are tracking on a spreadsheet but how often do we check in? I'm sure it's already been said but I missed it.

:happy:
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm so doing this! I can only do about 15 pushups, haha.
  • Chloeoo
    Chloeoo Posts: 20
    Options
    This sounds great I'll deffo take part thanks :D
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to be able to do 100 pushups.

Initial test: 42 :glasses:
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    was trying to let lunch settle- but just got my butt on the ground to see where i was at... ok, so a little dizzy/light headed- but i was able to do 23 "girl" style.

i'd love to do this challenge!!
  • james8008
    Options
    I am on week 4 right now, good job everyone!