Hair when working out

Options
So, my hair is the first place I sweat. I have really fine hair, but I have a lot of it, and its the first place I sweat (the things we get from our parents can be so weird). It gets oily very fast too. I don't know what to do with it. I usually pull it back in a pony tail or messy bun and use a wide head band to hide the sweat, but they don't stay on my head very well when I'm running. I would like to find a better way to pull it back where I don't have to use the head bands, but where I can hide the fact that my head is drenched! Does anyone else have this problem? How do you keep your hair back/up without it being slicked back and without it being stringy and sopping wet by the end of a workout? I know I shouldn't expect to look cute when I'm running, but hey, I don't want to look like I've been stuck in the woods for a week when I'm only out on a run! Help! I've had this issue for years!

Replies

• jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't think i have that problem... I do sweat a bit around the forehead and I feel like that ends up in my hair... I like using the sock bun for my hair. It's a new favorite because I have long hair and like to run in the morning. When I'm done and take it out my hair looks curled and I just kind of wipe the top with a rag. Good luck.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same way. I just look at it as success. There is no way I could go anywhere without a shower first though. So it limits my workout times to evenings which I do wish I could change. When I'm done with a workout I am drenched and beet red. Badge of accomplishment. Wear it with pride!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do tie my long thin hair up in a pony or bun, but afterwards, I spray some body mist that has alcohol in it so it dries up my sweat. I also recently bought some smaller headbands that aren't as huge as regular sweatbands. I also saw in my fitness magazine that baby powder hepls absorb oil and sweat too. You can always try that?
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't have a non-headband solution for you, but I use sweatybands and they help me a lot. They are headbands that don't move when you workout. I even play soccer in them and they don't skip. I got some at Fleet Feet sports, but they have a website too, which I believe is www.sweatybands.com.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I wear a hat and pull my hair out the back in a ponytail. The hat is soaked at the end of my workout, but it keeps my hair out of my eyes and it helps keep the sweat out of my eyes.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    A french braid works for me, towards the end it is still sweaty but at least a looks a bit cute.
  • xlhammy
    xlhammy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I see women at my gym spending more time dealing with their hair, pulling their super short spandex down each leg after they ride up on them, and generally primping instead of working out. Always makes me think, why pay all this money to come here and do what you could do at home for free? Lol. I say wear your sweaty head as a badge of honor for a job well done :-) Seeing others working hard is inspiring.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I don't think i have that problem... I do sweat a bit around the forehead and I feel like that ends up in my hair... I like using the sock bun for my hair. It's a new favorite because I have long hair and like to run in the morning. When I'm done and take it out my hair looks curled and I just kind of wipe the top with a rag. Good luck.

OMG I just looked up the sock bun and watched a video and I love it!!! Where has this idea been all my life??? :love: love it!!
  • HairDoctor07
    Options
    sooo i would say maybe get some dry shampoo and stray it in before you work out and it might suck up some of the sweat but otherwise like the other people say look at is as success!