newbie ;)

Options
Hi Hi!

So, i'm a new overweight 28 yr old female and i think i'm ready to get serious on losing weight!

So, I've read all the success stories and i'm willing to try anything at this point. Biggest problem for me is consistency and staying on track - so i need LOTS of support in that area.

Side note - we have a challenge at work to do a 5k on March 17th - so, i'm looking into doing Couch to 5k AHHHH LOL

All in all, i'm going to try - Sooo, anyone is my same boat and would like to support me while I support you?

Replies

• steelmagnolia1984
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem, I usually start a diet and dont finish it , I think i get frustrated when I dont see the weight coming off as fast as I would like, but I now know that it takes time, I could use all the support I can get lol, feel free to add me to your friends :)
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am also new! I am 25, within a healthy weight range, but looking to tone up and generally improve my overall physical condition. I am also looking into starting Couch to 5K. Perhaps we could motivate each other to get out there and run? ^_^
  • StacyRDH
    Options
    Let's do it!
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am on "Week 9" of the "Couch to 5K!" I can honestly say I NEVER thought I would be able to run 25 minutes... and it's really happening! You gals can SO do this, too. I have to admit - I stretched the program out A LOT. Some weeks, I repeated 2 times... but that's okay! Just keep going!

This is kind of funny... last night I was scrubbing my left leg in the shower - something felt funny. I thought to myself, "what is that knot n the back of my thigh??" Then I felt the other leg - to compare... it was exactly the same. OMG - I felt my... MUSCLES!!! I'm totally serious - I have never had strong legs. I used to think they were shapeless cylinders, but by George - that running is paying off! :)

You can do it!!
  • crazybusymara
    crazybusymara Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You all ROCK - I have been using the app as well and needed to take the next step because I was not following through - I think the buddy system is the key so let's help each other out!!

ChinaRoss1 - you are awesome!!
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You'll love C25K and this website :smile:
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am on "Week 9" of the "Couch to 5K!" I can honestly say I NEVER thought I would be able to run 25 minutes... and it's really happening! You gals can SO do this, too. I have to admit - I stretched the program out A LOT. Some weeks, I repeated 2 times... but that's okay! Just keep going!

This is kind of funny... last night I was scrubbing my left leg in the shower - something felt funny. I thought to myself, "what is that knot n the back of my thigh??" Then I felt the other leg - to compare... it was exactly the same. OMG - I felt my... MUSCLES!!! I'm totally serious - I have never had strong legs. I used to think they were shapeless cylinders, but by George - that running is paying off! :)

You can do it!!

HAHA... Awesome!!! :drinker:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Join up and i'll pass you on to my friends list! We are all amazing!