i just cant do the low carb thing!

Options
marshall153
marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread and noodles and pasta... I cant stand to not eat em!
I am 5"2, female, 136lbs, 18yrs, I've got 13 weeks to lose as much of the 22lbs I want to lose as I can b/c my ball is coming up! Is it important to be over in carbs or eat a lot of them as long as I'm within my calories? I struggle with the low carbs so much. I don't eat chips and biscutis though, brown bread, brown rice, crackers, wholewheat pasta, plain porridge rolled oats. Maybe occasionally a white bread roll or white rice.

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread and noodles and pasta... I cant stand to not eat em!
    I am 5"2, female, 136lbs, 18yrs, I've got 13 weeks to lose as much of the 22lbs I want to lose as I can b/c my ball is coming up! Is it important to be over in carbs or eat a lot of them as long as I'm within my calories? I struggle with the low carbs so much. I don't eat chips and biscutis though, brown bread, brown rice, crackers, wholewheat pasta, plain porridge rolled oats. Maybe occasionally a white bread roll or white rice.
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    I can't do Atkins or Low Carb like South Beach either. Mostly because I do NOT love vegetables and do love fruit. I was on South Beach and hated it with 6 cups of veggies at a sitting. Yuck!

Maybe the thing for you to do is NOT to diet. Maybe you can just cut back on the No No's and up the exercise. Perhaps that will help.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    low carb isn't the only answer

I suggest you avoid white bread and white rice and limit the whole grain products but don't eliminate them

Make changes slowly---take baby steps

Take it one day at a time

This is about your life. You don't have to have the perfect plan immediately. Be open minded to new ideas and you'll find what works for you.:bigsmile:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You don't *have* to do the low carb thing. OTOH, I feel better when I eat a lot of protein and limit my carbs. I have found that the more carbs I eat, the more I crave them. When I don't eat them, I don't care about them at all. In fact, I haven't had pasta in ages and I used to be the pasta queen. It just doesn't appeal to me any more.

I think everyone has a threshold where eating more carbs than that causes cravings, but for some people it's pretty high. For me, it seems to be around 65-75 g a day, which is not particularly high at all but a lot higher than some of the low carb diets would have you do.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you are not going to make low carb your lifestyle then you shouldn't do low carb. You're probably just going to gain weight back after you go back to eating what is normal for you.

You have to do what you can live with. Do semi low carb. Like others said find the amount of that you can live with and eat that.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I have a very special relationship with my carbohydrates. If it comes to a point where it's my fitness or them, I'll slowly choose fitness. I'll really have to be weaned off of them! I eat all whole wheat products, save a bowl of ice cream from time to time!