Make-Up/Foundation

Options

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I use Mac, but I don't really wear much make up. If I do I wear mascara and a soft lipstick.
    For creams I use Loreal Revitalift, and I have been using it since I turned 25, I am 32 now. I know it is for older woman but I don't care it works and my skin is amazing. I also use a 30 SPF lotion, any brand and when I get a dark spot I just go to my local pharmacist and ask them for a cream with 4% hydrocodone cream. It goes away in about 1 to 2 weeks, then I stop using it till I get another dark spot.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    double post :flowerforyou:
  • hsquared87
    Options
    my absolute fave foundation is the perfect refining foundation by shiseido.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i use Lancome Tinte ideol (sp?) but i use a nylon foundation brush to apply. it stays on for hours. i have very sensitive skin and its the only one that covers properly.

i used to use bare minerals but it just didnt cover enough but i never broke out using it.

it goes a long way too. i can buy a bottle every 2-3 months.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I recently started using Estee Lauder full coverage foundation and powder and love it! I use MAC mineral bronzer just to finish it off, and it gives it a dewy look like you're referring to. I also use a foundation primer by Bare Minerals.
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    I can't find any type of foundation to match my skin tone. I'm very very pale. Every foundation I try, whether liquid or not, either makes me look orange or dirty. Even the lightest I can find in stores doesn't work.
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I always check out www.beautypedia.com first for reviews of beauty products. They are pretty accurate and give a lot of info about the products (esp what they can and can't do).

I am using Paula's Choice foundation, powder, and concealer. It is the first one I have found that is great for my super pale skin and doesn't feel heavy. I love her stuff.

Hope this helps!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use a combo of Clinique and Mary Kay. Most of my skin care line comes from Mary Kay, and then I use clinique rediness daily protection base, its a very light weight skin tone foundation that acts as a sunscreen. I love it. So I am a comIbo girl :) I swore by bare essentials through highschool and its good, but its not all that is cracked up to be, at least for me.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Burn it all.
    You don't need make up.
    Just you and the sunshine.

I wear absolutely nothing. I've seen what that stuff does to your poor skin as you age. :(
    Your literally suffocating your beauty!!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Smashbox! It stays on all day and doesn't get cakey! AND it's just fabulous!!!!
  • kittyninja
    Options
    I love Clinique's Even Better Foundation. Sometimes if I don't want it to look as dewy, I wear a little transparent powder over the T-zone.
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love maybelline dream smooth mousse. I have dry, pale skin. This foundation is the best I've found so far.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Laura Mercier = best products I've ever used in my life!!!!! The tinted moisturizer (I use that instead of foundation) is to die for!
  • xocliwharas
    Options
    i think the key is to care for your skin AND use good makeup.

Definitely true. Make sure you have a good skin care routine, use a toner and a great moisturizer.
    As far as foundation, if you're looking for drug store, CoverGirl's "Clean" line is decent. If you want something a little nicer, Makeup Forever's HD Foundation is phenomenal.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine in order: Victoria's Secret Face primer, Sheer Minerals concealer, dream matte smooth by Maybelline, Sheer Veil by NYC with a hint of gold dust, and then ELF Face Mist. It sets nicely, doesn't budge or rub off on clothing, and controls my oily skin.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist, and I love to use MAC Studio Fix, its a powder foundation. I have oily skin so it works very well for me. If you have dry skin try using MAC Strobe liquid before the studio fix or any powders, Strobe gives a pearly glow. :)
  • cdbravo
    cdbravo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I also wear Bare Minerals, and I love it. Do you use their foundation? I always put it on first, and it gives the powder real staying power.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Have a hard job finding foundation that suits me as i'm very pale and even if I find a pale enough one I have a tendency to turn them orange!

Best I've found is Clinique superbalanced, very light weight but with a good coverage. Its not the cheapest I guess but when I find something I like I'll make sacrifices elsewhere. Cannot use minerals, skin texture is awful whenever and whatever makes I have tried.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use YSL Top Secret for my primer, it's a pore refining lotion that I'm in love with. I use Trish McEvoy Portable Foundation for a cream to powder for a light foundation. If I want full coverage, I use Estee Lauder Double Wear. My recommendation is to go someplace that will give you a sample that will last you several days, to make sure that it matches your skin tone in natural light, not just the department store.
  • mikituba
    Options
    I can't find any type of foundation to match my skin tone. I'm very very pale. Every foundation I try, whether liquid or not, either makes me look orange or dirty. Even the lightest I can find in stores doesn't work.

I too have VERY pale and odd toned skin, MAC is the only make up I will use on my skin! I never break out and I used to CONSTANTLY and my skin always looks great! They have such a huge selection of tones and very knowledgeable artists. I also only have to buy it about twice a year and I wear it every day! It lasts SO long!