already exceeding calories O.o

Options
2»

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Try to pre-plan your day, and look the food up before you eat it. I have gotten into trouble before eating without checking. And remember, even if you don't meet your foal, you may still be under. For example, if you burn 2500, have a goal of 2000 and eat 2200 you're still under what you burn. Hope this helps.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Keep your chin up! You can do this!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends on your calorie goal. my goal is like 1750calories and I'm at least 2000+, but I plan to exercise later on to account for those calories and hopefully earn some more.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Unless you've ever done strict calorie counting and food measure/weights before it's not as easy as it seems. You'll have days where you "think" you did OK to find out you didn't. It's a learning process. You joined MFP to change your life. Take today as a learning lesson and make a change so it doesn't happen everyday. I find that I do best when I plan my food ahead. If I don't I go over somewhere be it calories, carbs or sodium. TODAY it's SODIUM! So guess what, I'll be sucking down more water to combat that sodium!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It is unrealistic to expect perfection on the first try. Just aim to do better than yesterday. If you keep this mentality up and stick to it, then you will eventually get down to your ideal caloric consumption levels. Remember, it's a life change and not a race.
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's just one day, you can't change whats happened and what you've ate.
    Put it behind you and take it as a lesson learned, counting the cals isn't easy, it makes you think and if the end result is a happier, healthier you, then it's worth that effort.

Good Luck!
  • ChanlynMay
    ChanlynMay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went over a bit my first two days as well. Today is day 6 for me and I'm learning knew thing each day. I like to look back over the previous day to see what better choices I could have made. I have a list of the things that I would regularly eat and have all the calorie/fat... wrote down so that when I hit the grocery store, I will have the info to compare and pick better options! I keep telling myself that I didn't gain it overnight and I will not lose it overnight.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If your day isn't over - get moving! That way you will be increasing how many calories you have to eat, you will lower how many calories you have gone over by and you will feel better about it!!

Pre-planning my week helps me out huge! Don't get discouraged it is a journey with lots to learn on the way not a race!