May 2009 Challenge: Week 3

Options
Week 3 Challenge: Situps/crunchies/abs challenge

Whatever way you can work out those abs... DO IT! This is the situps/crunchies/abs challenge and its already week 3! Combine Cardio, water and this weeks challenge and you are bound to lose inches, not just pounds! Don't give up now... work hard and it will pay off!! Weigh in is Friday! Check in regularly for motivation and/or support!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge: Situps/crunchies/abs challenge

Whatever way you can work out those abs... DO IT! This is the situps/crunchies/abs challenge and its already week 3! Combine Cardio, water and this weeks challenge and you are bound to lose inches, not just pounds! Don't give up now... work hard and it will pay off!! Weigh in is Friday! Check in regularly for motivation and/or support!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that weigh in is tomorrow and that we are almost half over with the challenge. I think that Week 3 challenge is great!! I just started working on my abs tonight.

I am on cup 5 of my water :drinker: for the day. Better than the last few days. I was able to get a 20 minute run in this evening and some strength training as well. My legs are super sore from the run!!

I hope that this week I see a change in the scale. It is getting extremely frustrating that everytime I get on the scale I see the same number. At least I am not gaining.

I will weigh in first thing in the morning and then hopefully get a morning workout in.

:heart: J
  • Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    OMG!!!! I feared this would happen!!!:sad: I have no stomach muscles at all Cescarian ( spelling???) section and a colon surgery left me with NO..and I mean NO stomach musclkes.:grumble: :grumble: The kid is worth it but OMG!! I also have a horrible low back. Give up the good advice for options for the gut other than sit up type moves??? HELP !!!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Whew! We've made it through 2 weeks!! My weight this week is 176. I'm only losing a pound a week it seems, but I guess that's better than none at all.....or gaining a pound. I did 300 minutes of cardio this week. Drank my water every day except for one. I love this week's challenge with the ab work. I love working abs!! Good Luck everyone!
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well yesterday I did an 80 minute spin class (20 from a previous class and then the 60 minutes of the next) and burning 773 calories. wow - Today will be a one hour class. drank my water yesterday and stayed well below my caloric level. I've been excercising for months eating my 1200 calories or more if I have earned them for the most part and drinking lots of water. I would say I excercise minimun 4 days a week. and I am not losing. It is very frustrating especially when I see friends who are dropping weight around me and say - you have to be losing weight you work out and are eating right. So today our weigh in- I'm 180 - what's new? no love from the scale
    My friend said 2 days ago you should go get your thyroid checked and ironically my other friend by phone/lies in diff state.. who is doing WW and dropping tons of weight too said to me on the same day girl you need to go get your thyroid checked out and sends a email on symptoms of hypothyroid. I am amazed at how many symptoms i have on the list. I am seeing a dr. today at 1pm-- something is going on..
    determined
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    Current Weight-248.6
    Starting Weight-252.4 Lost 3.4 lbs

Ready to get this week started.:happy: ..I had been at some what of a plateau on my weight loss. I really think joining this challange got me working out more again and drinking my water. Which helped the scale to move again. I defiently had alot more enegry due to all the water I drink...This week along with the challange we have, I have a personal challange- to work out on the weekends and not slack off. Amannisto, thanks for all the great challanges....

Have a great weekend and week everyone.:happy: I hope everyone had a great week last week.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Well once again my scale is still saying the same number over and over again... :grumble: Well i guess i'll have to bump up my workouts and add more water or something.....

Current Weight: 162
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Well, I only lost .3 lbs this week, but I did lose 1/2 inch around the waist and 1 1/2 inches around the hips, so that's something!

I have been strict on the diet, exercise, and water, too -- I logged 370 cardio minutes this week and have had 90+ ounces of water daily.

I think I've hit a bit of a plateau since I don't have much left to lose . . . I am hoping that I'll continue to lose inches and see toning progress . . . .

Great challenge this week! I already do 200 crunches (of different types) 4X a week (that's the one muscle group I love to work out!) So I'll try for something additional this week!
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Well... Overall I have gained 1.5 lbs! I think it is actually muscle though because I have been really focused on that... All in all, I am really going to kick up my workouts and abs and strength this week and see where it gets me... I haven't really been focused on eating properly... I have been moving for like the last week, so we haven't had a good homecooked meal in a week or so.... which is really driving me crazy.

Anywho, GOOD LUCK this week... Keep up the hard work!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Okay i really need some help!!! i weighed my self this morning and it said 162 and that's with my pj's on which is a tank top and sweat pants... so then right before i got in the shower since i was in my birthday suit i figured i would see what the scale says and its saying 160 how can my clothes weigh 2lbs..so after getting out of the shower i put back on my pj's and again it says 162 so what do i really weigh??? did i really lose 2lbs???
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I feared this would happen!!!:sad: I have no stomach muscles at all Cescarian ( spelling???) section and a colon surgery left me with NO..and I mean NO stomach musclkes.:grumble: :grumble: The kid is worth it but OMG!! I also have a horrible low back. Give up the good advice for options for the gut other than sit up type moves??? HELP !!!

Basic isometric ab contactions, let your air out and contract your stomach muscles and hold for 10-20 seconds. Make sure you check with your doctor.
    http://pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/baby/Abdominal-exercises-after-a-c-section-247.htm
  • leann_m_olson
    Options
    Okay i really need some help!!! i weighed my self this morning and it said 162 and that's with my pj's on which is a tank top and sweat pants... so then right before i got in the shower since i was in my birthday suit i figured i would see what the scale says and its saying 160 how can my clothes weigh 2lbs..so after getting out of the shower i put back on my pj's and again it says 162 so what do i really weigh??? did i really lose 2lbs???

you should always weigh in the morning with no clothes on(since clothes can vary in weight). So was your original weigh in with pjs or without?
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is a difficult challenge for this week-- I hate those

My weigh in for this week is 166.2
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    This morning i first weighed in with pj's on and that's when it said 162 and a few hours later i weighed in with nothing on and it said 160..then after taking a shower i put back on the pj's i had to see what it would say and it said 162 again so im just wondering do i weigh 160 or 162... I didn't think sweat pants and a tang top could weigh 2lbs...
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Just ordered a AB workout from Netflix... Starting it monday!!! Ready for the Challenge.. Im also combining that dvd with a Cardio workout Dvd hoping that really kicks by butt !!!! Im heading off to go fishing for the weekend hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • smbrownl
    smbrownl Posts: 6
    Options
    Woo hoo! Love this challenge. I definitely need to work on my abs. Hopefully I'll have more time to work out this week.
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    I sat and watched a movie last night and got down on my mat during it. It felt good to just do a few here and there with breaks. Not doing anything while watching anyway's eh? Then I did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill and a couple sets on the weight bench. I finished with a high intensity 5 minute aerobic quickburn. After all that, and going to sleep at about 12:30, I am still up at 6:30 in the morning. AHHH.

Good Luck this week.
  • eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    Options
    REady for week 3:drinker: Just did my cardio for the day:drinker: Hit the track in my neibourhood for an hour, then jog to the drug store, walk back (about 45 mins, downhill then up) Plan is to get in my crunches/situps tonight....

cw 214
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    Friday-
    water 76 oz
    cardio-30 minutes
    Abs-200 crunches
  • leann_m_olson
    Options
    Friday-
    water 76 oz
    cardio-30 minutes
    Abs-200 crunches

awesome, 200 crunches! :happy: ok you're making me feel guilty, starting my crunches now. :tongue: