Options

Replies

• krista_204
    Options
    Count me in!

Starting weight 01/02/12 ----> 170
  • doughchic
    Options
    I'm in! Any suggestions on how to achieve my weekly goal?
  • goldiemoore
    Options
    im in x:wink: my starting weight is 186 lbs :sad: and how do i setup the weight loss counter plzzzzzz x
  • TammRu
    TammRu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in this seems manageable
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

01/02/2012: 189.6
    01/16/2012:
    01/23/2012:
    01/30/2012:

Five pounds sounds like a reasonable goal. I've been on MFP on/off for over a year. When I first started I went down to 166.... Gotta stop yo-yoing....
  • tedplaza
    Options
    I'm in.
  • bokibee
    Options
    I am game! I have to get this done. Starting weight 167.

6386242.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kjtstarr
    Options
    I'm in!! :D
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    I saw a post earlier that asked for strategies to lose the 5 pounds this month. I have posted the math before but I will do it again to give you an idea.

To lose 1 pound you must create a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. That means eating less, working out more or any combination of the 2.

To lose 5 pounds that means you must create a deficit of 17,500 calories for the month. January has 31 days so that averages out to about 565 calories per day.

I found a calculator on-line that says I need around 2200 calories a day to maintain. If I want to lose 5 pounds this month just by diet I would need to drop that number to 1635 calories per day. If I add exercise that number could change depending on the number of calories burned.

Now for strategies I have some but want others who have had success to share theirs also.

1. Eat more vegetables, fruit, and whole grain.

2. Move more. I remember one stay at home mom who said she only used the upstairs bathroom because that meant walking an extra flight of stairs a few times per day. Figure out how to add more movement in your every day life. If you work in an office rather than sending a co-worker an email walk over and talk to them. Park further away. Go for a walk on your break.

3. Set mini goals for your diet and exercise...reward yourself (not with food ) If you make your goal for the month do something special for yourself.

4. Get your family involved. My middle child has taken on being my personal trainer...he's a lot like Jillian.

WHAT STRATEGIES HAVE HELPED YOU?

Terri

I once read that drinking ice water helps burn more calories because you expend calories warming the cold up
    You’ll burn about 8 calories for each glass of iced calorie-free beverage you drink. So 8 glasses of ice water per day
    about 64 calories. Drink that ice water!:happy:

thanks. good info
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I'm in. Starting weight today -137.4
  • susanmary88
    Options
    My starting weight is 152... Cant wait to be 147 by the end of the Month!!!
  • liseanne
    Options
    Good goal Terri. I'm in.'

Lise
  • lookgood46
    Options
    I'm in too.....actually need to lose 7 in total but 5 in jan would be amazing:love:
    Starting weight = 147:blushing:
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days late, but still in! My starting weight is 224.6 pounds.
  • nell1185
    Options
    I'm in too!

Starting weight (as of 1/1/2012): 164.
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am in too. This worked for me last month so I am ready for this month.

Todays weight: 132
  • Tweety379
    Options
    Here goes...Starting weight 159. By the end of the month be down to 154 or less. Good luck all!
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    Me too ! I need to get "BACK ON TRACK" now that the holidays are over.:love:
  • layny
    layny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too Please. Starting weight 137 lbs.
  • funny i was thinking about doing the same :D I've just finished my 2nd day and it all went absolutely fine I hope I can carry on this way =)

My starting weight as of January first was 110lbs

xx