Here we go... AGAIN!

Options
So... seems to be some sort of misunderstanding (hopefully)....
One of my dearest MFP friends is leaving b/c of some members saying that she is "full of herself" and other not so nice things.......

She has worked her butt off to get where she is now. She is an inspiration to us moms that are trying to get our pre-baby(ies) body back. If she wants to toot her own horn... LET HER TOOT DARN IT!
But that's not her so I'm tooting for her... TOOT! TOOT!!

If you have nothing nice to say... KEEP YOUR MOUTH(S) SHUT!
This community is for support... no need to be green with envy and no need to get nasty.

~Joanna:ohwell:

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    One of my dearest MFP friends is leaving b/c of some members saying that she is "full of herself" and other not so nice things.......

She has worked her butt off to get where she is now. She is an inspiration to us moms that are trying to get our pre-baby(ies) body back. If she wants to toot her own horn... LET HER TOOT DARN IT!

This community is for support... no need to be green with envy and no need to get nasty.

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Aww who is leaving! :cry: don't go! there is no reason for that! and please anyone who has said negative things, you will want to "toot your horn" some day if you get to your goals...don'tcha think?
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I fully agree!! We are all here to support each other, not bring each other down. That's the biggest reason I joined, was the support. And it has helped me many times, even when my posts have been a repeat of a previous one. :o) Anyways, I agree - TOOT AWAY, YOU DESERVE IT!!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Are we not here, to do exactly that? Toot our own horns???? I just don't get why someone would be upset about that... If we don''t feel good about what we've done, then what the heck are we doing on this site and caring about our health and appearance. Toot Toot Toot, thats what helps give me the motivation to keep on going....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I will probably toot my horn now and then, and I hope everyone else will to. I love it when the pal's are successful , and say so, it motivates me more. I hope you can talk your friend to come back. :cry:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    *cries*

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I sometimes think that the private mesage option Mike gave us was a down fall.:grumble: It seems that no one will put those icky messages out for the public to see, they just send it in private....unfair.:sick: I'm so suprised no one has sent me those messages, I toot my own horn all of the time, and have quite a big mouth.:tongue: You just tell that fine mommy to forget the mean people (who are either jealous, or who are not willing to hear truth):wink: that she is to stay exactly where she is.:flowerforyou:
    Anne
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    When people are jealous, or mean, it says more about them than the person who they are talking about.

I loved that song last year by the Dixie Chicks after the big uproar about something they (well, Melanie) said. There was a line (not in the song, but in the music video - written on a blackboard that said:

(following: the lyrics from "I'm Not Ready To Make Nice")

Forgive, sounds good.
    Forget, I'm not sure I could.
    They say time heals everything,
    But I'm still waiting

I'm through, with doubt,
    There's nothing left for me to figure out,
    I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying

I'm not ready to make nice,
    I'm not ready to back down,
    I'm still mad as hell
    And I don't have time
    To go round and round and round
    It's too late to make it right
    I probably wouldn't if I could
    Cause I'm mad as hell
    Can't bring myself to do what it is
    You think I should

I know you said
    Why can't you just get over it,
    It turned my whole world around
    and I kind of like it

I made my bed, and I sleep like a baby,
    With no regrets and I don't mind saying,
    It's a sad sad story
    That a mother will teach her daughter
    that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.
    And how in the world
    Can the words that I said
    Send somebody so over the edge
    That they'd write me a letter
    Saying that I better shut up and sing
    Or my life will be over

I'm still mad as hell
    And I don't have time
    Cause I'm mad as hell
    You think I should

I'm still mad as hell
    And I don't have time
    Cause I'm mad as hell
    You think I should

Forgive, sounds good.
    Forget, I'm not sure I could.
    They say time heals everything,
    But I'm still waiting

We can't pin our self worth on the words of others, but it can be painful.

oxoxo to Joanna's friend. If you give in, they win.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Awwwwww I am so sorry to hear this news. Maybe if we knew who we were talking about we could flood her with private mails and encourage her to come back. I hope she will not judge all MFP people by what some hatefull person has said. Maybe we need to address a post to her. Can you help with a way to do that? I dont know her but I want her back. I will TOOT untill she comes back to us! toot toot toot she earned it so she needs to toot all she wants to.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've only belonged to this forum for less than a week and I have only seen people be happy for each other. I'm sorry to hear that there are people who are jealous of someone else's success. I think it's great to be proud of your accompliments. You better believe that when I get my 6-pack I will be shouting from the rooftops and posting pictures! haha...
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    I've only belonged to this forum for less than a week and I have only seen people be happy for each other. I'm sorry to hear that there are people who are jealous of someone else's success. I think it's great to be proud of your accompliments. You better believe that when I get my 6-pack I will be shouting from the rooftops and posting pictures! haha...

I, too, have only been on here a week. I agree with these posts. It's amazing that a person can be complimented 10-15 times a day, but only remember that negative:grumble: persons remark. That's sad that people try to bring others down. Please get your friend to come back and lay on the horn, loud & proud!!!:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is really unfortunate that people would get upset with her for being proud of herself! What we are all doing and trying to do on here is HUGE. I am constantly talking about my 68 lb weight loss so far. If people want to call it bragging or say I'm full of myself, then I guess that is up to them but for me it is celebrating and just being constantly amazed at MYSELF for accomplishing this. I hope your friend doesn't let the negative people deter her from this site. She SHOULD feel great and proud and give advice.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I can mention names if I wanted to but I'm not b/c my friend doesn't want to make a big deal out of this.
    2 MFPers sent her the messages and I am infuriated. This same thing happened to icandoit a little while back and I'm not liking this private messaging a whole lot right now.

We are going through the same thing.... it all started when she answered to a posting about loosing the "baby pouch". She shed some light on the subject and I backed her up b/c I've seen a picture of her and her FABULOUSLY FLAT TUMMY <
    rings a bell? She let all the mommies know that it is possible to loose the mommy belly. Another reason for the "tongue lashing" was her posting about her climbing 69 flights of stairs to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation... COME ON PEOPLE!!!!...... Shouldn't she be an inspiration???? She is to me that's for darn sure.

I am trying like heck to keep her here.

Now, to the ones that sent her the messages..... GROW THE FREAK UP!

Have a good day!:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I can mention names if I wanted to but I'm not b/c my friend doesn't want to make a big deal out of this.
    2 MFPers sent her the messages and I am infuriated. This same thing happened to icandoit a little while back and I'm not liking this private messaging a whole lot right now.

We are going through the same thing.... it all started when she answered to a posting about loosing the "baby pouch". She shed some light on the subject and I backed her up b/c I've seen a picture of her and her FABULOUSLY FLAT TUMMY <
    rings a bell? She let all the mommies know that it is possible to loose the mommy belly. Another reason for the "tongue lashing" was her posting about her climbing 69 flights of stairs to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation... COME ON PEOPLE!!!!...... Shouldn't she be an inspiration???? She is to me that's for darn sure.

I am trying like heck to keep her here.

Now, to the ones that sent her the messages..... GROW THE FREAK UP!

Have a good day!:bigsmile:

I agree with you. And I know who you are talking about since she posted a goodbye yesterday. I am amazed that anyone would take offense to anything she says. I remember the baby pouch thread. I don't know if I remember anything negative from your friend. Why would people have a problem? I just don't get it. That is awesome she has a flat tummy!!! Go moms!!

And what is wrong with her post about climbing the 69 flights for charity?

Sorry, just trying to make sense of what the problem is here. She hasn't done anything wrong. Why is there always drama when there just doesn't need to be any???
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Joanna,

I don't recall the post about the baby tummy but I have just read the 69 flights of stairs post and it made me cry! I did not see it on saturday when she posted it but I have added a comment there too, i thought it was her you were referring to.
    I think it is absolutely ATROCIOUS that someone would send nasty comments to such a wonderful person. It makes me sick! :sick:
    Please, if you can copy and paste this thread and the 'this weekend' thread so she knows she is an inspiration and a valued member of mfp!

We got Renne to come back so lets try and get her to come back!!

Amanda :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I sent her a link to these posts so I hope it helps.
    Look at all these positive comments!.... :drinker:

Thanks everyone!

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Bless her heart. I loved reading her posts...she's intelligent, beautiful and inspiring and I hope she'll stay.:smile: I just ignore the minority of people who rub me the wrong way...and I say minority because there are only a few who tear you down or seem to ALWAYS have something negative to say to you, in contrast to the other wonderful people. She might just want to use the "block user" feature. I wish she wouldn't let some buffoon(s) get her down.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have only been here a week and i have heard nothing but support and good wishes to everyone... its too bad that someone has hurt her like that:noway: Hopefuly your friend will come back and realise that we arent all mean spirited....
    j~
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    She doesn't think that all of us are mean, rude, cowards.....
    She has been on MFP since October of last year. I'm sure that she'll appreciate all of your kind words... you guys make me proud to be an MFPer:bigsmile:

I hope that the 2 people that have sent her those messages read this and can reply with answers as to why this happened b/c I just don't get it.

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Don't you always find that the better we do and the harder we work the more people who have not strived as hard and have not seen results, try to sabotage because of unjustified jealousy! I have a few "friends" at home like this, and I just feel like being mean about it and pointing out to them that they'll never get where I am unless they get off their butts! Maybe I've only accomplished a little but what I have accomplished I worked damn hard to get here! So I say everyone who has done anything to better themselves - toot away! I have and I will. Be proud and don't let anyone take that away!!!
    I'm sorry your friend had to deal with people like that, I hope she'll decide to stay and inspire and keep motivating us, the people who do want to hear what she has to say!!