Make-Up/Foundation

Options
13»

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    This is completely unrelated to fitness, but the easiest way I have to get a lot of responses from a lot of people.

I currently use Bare Escentuals makeup. I like it but I don't LOVE it. I see pictures of girls with this amazing made up skin. It looks fresh and dewy and smooth.

What type of foundation do you use? Cost is not really an issue, but I am in the US, so something that is available here please!

I use Clinique because of sensitivities but I have a client who uses Mineral Hygienics who looks amazing! I also think my skin looks pretty good with my foundation. :happy: I use the Super Balance applied with a wet cosmetic sponge. Application makes a HUGE difference.
  • RUBYODEA
    Options
    I use Make-up Fore ever along with the eye shadow
    (sephora) Uran Decay lid primer also from sephora. My daughter just said to me after working a twelve hour shif, "how do you keep all your make-up on for so long." It's awesome. I use Laura Geller spackle primer which is excellent as well. I get this through QVC.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I really like Mary Kay, I have a few customers that have problem skin and we try to match them up with what works best for them. You can try out all the different foundations for free and see what you like, if something doesn't work for you we have a 100% money back guaranty . Oh yea and Mary Kay will show you how to do your own make up and give you tips on the latest trends and how too get your eyes to pop or your lips to look fuller and best of all it's FREE :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I use MAC. It's the only brand that I've found that has a light enough shade for my skin tone. Everything else is too dark or orange.
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    I can't find any type of foundation to match my skin tone. I'm very very pale. Every foundation I try, whether liquid or not, either makes me look orange or dirty. Even the lightest I can find in stores doesn't work.

I too have VERY pale and odd toned skin, MAC is the only make up I will use on my skin! I never break out and I used to CONSTANTLY and my skin always looks great! They have such a huge selection of tones and very knowledgeable artists. I also only have to buy it about twice a year and I wear it every day! It lasts SO long!

Ooph, thanks for this info! :happy:
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use Smashbox photofinish primer prior to putting on any foundation because it gives my skin a really great almost flawless look no matter what foundation I have on, however my favorite at the moment is Revlon's Photoready and I set it with Smashbox's Halo finishing powder, Looks great in photos as well. Good luck xo
  • sweetptgrl
    sweetptgrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use the BareMinerals Matte foundation but only really put 2 brushes of it on. I start with the bisque concealer over my red areas and then use one brush of foundation from forehead to nose and another brush of foundation from nose to check. I think that going lighter makes for a more natural look and you don't get that caked on feel. I tend to get a lot of compliments when I wear the BareMinerals compared to the times I use my CoverGirl liquid foundation that I think feels more like paint.

13304472.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist, and I love to use MAC Studio Fix, its a powder foundation. I have oily skin so it works very well for me. If you have dry skin try using MAC Strobe liquid before the studio fix or any powders, Strobe gives a pearly glow. :)

I love love love MAC Studio Fix powder. It is my every day makeup. Where I work, I don't want to look made up but I tend to be really red in some areas. I don't want to go without a cover up. This covers that nicely without looking like I am wearing makeup.

My other go to is MAC Mineralize foundation (SPF 15). This totally covers all of my redness. I tend to turn really red after a glass of wine and this will keep it covered. I use one fo their powders on top. When i first discovered MAC, I was having some real problems with my skin and was really red and bumpy. She put half of the Mineralize on my face, I looked in the mirror and was sold. My skin has cleared up now but I still tend to be red.

I am totally clueless about make up. I go into MAC, tell them everything I have and what I am looking for and they never steer me wrong. Plus they show me how to use it.