Exercise Play List

Options
I've been kicking up my exercise intensity lately and have found I go must faster and longer when I work out to good music. So I'd love to hear what you guys work out to. :) What's your favorite songs to work out to? What motivates you, makes you move, keeps you going?

Replies

• WildHeart101
    WildHeart101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my music. My favorites to exercise to are upbeat groups such as Sugarland, Kid Rock and many, many others.....
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Techno because I love it and the music doesnt pause between songs.

Currently I'm using MC Mario Mixdown 2011
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    For me, anything techno... (my all time favorite Sandstorm!)
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's funny to see this posted because I was just updating my workout playlist. I also like the tempo of techno when I work out. Hard, angry rock or rap also works for me. It's crazy how eclectic my workout music can be. Here are some of my favorite workout artists: Armand Van Helden, Wolfgang Gartner and Charles Feelgood in the techno department and The White Stripes, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters, Eminem, and Rage Against the Machine are some others that are better known.

Good luck! The right song can definitely get you through a workout.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bloc party, metric, tegan & sara, yeah yeah yeahs for running. Current top 100 pop for other exercise. In particular lady gaga and black eyes peas :)
  • JDetro22
    Options
    As much as I don't like her, I just added some Britany Spears to my playlist. Her voice is a bit annoying but the beats are usually upbeat and some of her songs make me want to kick some butt :-)
  • tinks72
    tinks72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have just seen an advert for a really good workout cd that i am going to buy tomorrow as I get really motivated with music.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daft Punk's "Alive" album. Try NOT to work out harder to that music!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Things I like are things that get me really pumped up, such as Rage Against the Machine, Prodigy, lately Nero & Skrillex.. For some reason Tears for Fears is in my playlist, and Talking Heads.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    LMFAO - I am sexy and you know it. Incredibly fast/ upbeat... And makes you feel sexy.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    LMFAO, Gaga, Cobra Starship, Jessie J, & Ke$ha are my main awesome motivators. Their songs are happy, upbeat and lengthy, which makes me work out to their beat and keep my adrenaline flowing. :)
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to indie/electronic music when running, but it has to have a high rate of beats per minute. Some songs that help me maintain a good pace (around 6 miles per hour) are The Ting Tings' "That's Not My Name," Architecture in Helsinki's "The Escapee," Passion Pit's "Sleepyhead," The Rapture's "Whoo Alright Yeah Uh Huh," and most fast songs by Matt and Kim. I'd love some recommendations if anyone knows of similar songs or artists.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LMFAO - I am sexy and you know it. Incredibly fast/ upbeat... And makes you feel sexy.

Sad but true... Also Queen, Another one bites the dust.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Bloc party, metric, tegan & sara, yeah yeah yeahs for running. Current top 100 pop for other exercise. In particular lady gaga and black eyes peas :)

I am trying to find the tiesto remix of tegan & Sara's "Back in your head" because it is awesome and on the radio, but I can't find it available for download ANYWHERE. Same with the remix of Toes by Light, the ones I've found are not the right remix that I want, grrr.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing " Hip Hop Abs " with Shaun T .... and well his choice of tunes is definitely motivating ! Anything with a fast beat tempo ... If I can groove while doing cardio ... It's ALL good ! :)
  • Chadwick891
    Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Depends what kind of training I'm doing to be honest!! High intensity, I listen to high intensity music i.e. Metal - If I'm going heavy and low reps: metal / Cardio is a mixture between classical, romantic era and bob marley. If I'm doing biceps and am hitting them hard, I tend to listen to rap. But yeah. Depends on what I'm training and what mood I'm in. :)
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the pandora app for my iPhone and I just typed in "workout" to add new station and it's an awesome channel..remixes of good music new and old plus it goes as long as I want it too i just stop it when I'm done.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Excellent! This gives me a great place to start! Thank you, guys!
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    If you have apps on your phone, I would download the Pandora Radio app... I think it is free. But you can search your kind of music you like and what it will do is play one of the songs by the person you like and then it will find songs that sound similar. I love it. But just my opinion :)
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have the pandora app for my iPhone and I just typed in "workout" to add new station and it's an awesome channel..remixes of good music new and old plus it goes as long as I want it too i just stop it when I'm done.

Thanks for the suggestion! I found a few channels that I will try out! I don't usually listen to music when I jog, but I think it might help me move faster!