Sweet Tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• beautyreaps
    Options
    I'm a sweet toothaholic too, but have no fear there are always ways around it. Here are a few that keep me sane:
    1. Dark Chocolate Acai Berry (see here: http://www.clodhoppers.tv/usa/ ) It's 180 cals per 1/4cup and 90 for 1/8th which you can also get pre-portioned.
    2. Vanilla Nut Tea w/ Unsweetened Coconut Milk - this is my latest addiction. Coconuts help with digestion so it serves a purpose after dinner and it's delicious.
    3. I make clean brownies (see here: http://leansecrets.com/?p=291) Also, really yummy and good for you. You can also buy a brand called No Pudge Brownies (120 cals) and it's from Whole Foods, I believe or buy it online: http://www.nopudge.com/
    4. I always, always, always keep dark chocolate with me. I buy 75% and higher. My favourite right now is the 80% by Nestle. It's low cal and definitely satisfies any sweet tooth. Plus, dark chocolate has antioxidants in it!
    5. Chocolate Peanut Butter is another brilliant mix of two of my fave things. Sunland Natural Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter: http://www.sunlandinc.com/zcom/product/Product.do?compid=788&prodid=33

Hope those help (:
  • slopitch9
    Options
    Thank you guys so much, you are all fantastic!!!
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Bump
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    2 Tablespoons light cool whip
    2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
    1 Sugar free fudgesicle

Put the fudgesicle in a small cup in the microwave for about 10 seconds till it slides off of the stick. Mix with the cool whip and peanut butter. You can eat it right away if you want. I like to freeze it so that it kinda tastes and feels like ice cream.

Calorie: 195
    fat: 15.8
    carbs: 12.35

*edit* recipe isn't mine. I found it on FS about a year ago.
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fantastic ideas! Thanks.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I made this awesome pudding the other night by accident. (I thought I was using vanilla pudding but had lemon and white chocolate insteady)

Get 1 package of sugar free Lemon Jell-O pudding and 1 package of sugar free White Chocolate pudding (Not the big ones, regular size ones), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

I've used almond milk to make pudding before and it's been a little soggy in consistency, but I used a electric hand-mixer to mix in the pudding and I think the cream of tartar may have helped with binding because this time it didn't separate and maintained a pudding consistency.

Combine the pudding and almond milk along with the ingredients as it asks on the package, I believe using 13/4 cups of almond milk as it directs for pie mixtures. Let is sit in the fridge for 5 minutes then enjoy! There's about 8 servings and each serving is well under 100 calories. Also good over sliced bananas. A friend told me it tasted a little like eggnog, which I agree with :)
  • countlessnumbers
    Options
    bump
  • cassblue21
    Options
    bump
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erinjane830
    Options

Looks Yummy, thanks for posting :happy:
  • vashtione
    Options
    bump
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LisaKehler
    LisaKehler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream bars are awesome for satisfying a sweet tooth!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am loving these ideas!!:) I buy a bag of Hershey's kisses, dark Chocolate. Then as soon as I open them, I put 5 in each snack size ziploc bag. 100 calories per bag, and after 5, I feel satisfied.:)
  • memengwaa
    memengwaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! I'm a chocolate addict!!!!!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    pink n whites :tongue:
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I like to keep animal crackers around. 16 crackers equal one serving.
  • trazrene
    Options
    When I get that "will-kill-for-chocolate" craving, I chew a piece of Extra SF Mint Chocolate Chip Gum. Only 15 calories and I like to think that I burn more calories chewing it!
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    bump
  • cchardt
    cchardt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, as well. That's why I usually try to hit the gym and create some room for a dessert in my meal plan. It's all about moderation. There's no way I could stay healthy my whole life if I denied myself what I love to eat; I just eat less of it.

So true. If you deny yourself you are going to binge when you lost control. Best thing to do is to find something a little healthier and eat less of it as well as add it in to your work out. It has worked for me so far. I started at 270 about 3 months ago and now I am down to 235 which is when I started here. I am excited!!