Need motivating people!!! Anyone from St. Louis?

I am not new but I have been on MFP since August, but I don't have a lot of friends who are on MFP a lot and are consistent and actually work out. I am looking for some people who can motivate me - in St. Louis or not!!!

I have lost 23 lbs. I am going to the gym 4x a week, doing the p90x cardio dvd only twice a week and six days a week I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. After that I plan to start p90X fully.

Replies

• 30 minutes south from St. Louis...will that work?! :wink:
  • runwithmike
    runwithmike Posts: 145 Member
    I am not from St. Louis, but can still be friends if you like.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    I live in St. Charles, MO. I had to take a few days off cuz my boys were sick and getting up all hours of the night. This week I've been back at it though. Starting mid Jan I'm going to start traing for a half marathon. Maybe we can motivate each other, I'll send you a friend request.
  • 20 minutes east of STL....is that close enough? LOL! Feel free to add me. I'll do my best to be motivational.
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    I am from St. Louis, but live in Colorado now. I am going there this Saturday though! I know it doens't help much, but I am also doing the 30 day Shred.Today is my day 4. SOunds like you work out a lot. I am only doing the 30 day shrd and yesterday did my first Zumba class. I lost about 40 pounds before joinging myfitnesspal, and am trying to lose those last 15.
  • Surrounding St. Louis works, of course!!! I am actually from Union, Mo, but moved to STL! I'd love to be friends with all of you! Would love the motivation and I like to motivate others as well!!! :) Thanks for the friend requests!!!!
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Born & raised in St. Louis, now living in Bloomington, IL.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    I am across the river feel free to add me.
  • It does sound like I work out a lot... I don't feel like I do. I feel like I could do more, but I think more than an hour a day would burn me out very quickly.

I go to our Club Fitness and do 45 mins of Cardio. Usu three miles (sometimes a bit more depending on how I feel) walking/running various speeds/inclines. The days I had off I felt like I needed to be doing something. Someone gave me the p90x DVD's back in January last year and I pulled them out and started doing the CardioX dvd. It is 45 mins long and it has warm up, yoga, kickboxing, plyometrics, core work and cool down. So I do that two days.

I JUST started the 30DS on Monday. I had to take a break from it yesterday cause my thighs hurt so badly and that was just level one. I thought I was in shape, I was quite mistaken. So I did all the ab work and the upper body/weights and added a few ab exercises I knew of from the p90x dvd.

My off day is Saturday-which is also my cheat day! lol.
  • of course!!!
  • of course!!!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Here!
  • Thank you all for replying! Can't wait to get to know you guys and motivate one another!!!! :wink:
  • valloli
    valloli Posts: 17
    hey there...i'm in st. louis down 23lbs as well...the past month has been difficult but i am still bound and determined to get goin' again. I try to get to club fitness and i'm planning to start jillian's no more trouble zones dvd. wish me luck and feel free to add me as i would love to share motivation :)
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    I live in St. Louis...near Lambert Airport. This past month I've completely gotten off track, but I'm working on getting myself back to where I need to be.

I just do plain old calorie counting and exercise.

Feel free to add.
  • jlo0812
    jlo0812 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in the St. Louis area too! I just started running a couple of weeks ago with the hopes of participating in the Go! St. Louis race in April! We all need motivation because running is not something I EVER thought I'd do. Best of luck to you on the 30 Day Shred, it really works as well as her 6 weeks to 6 pack abs (IMO). Feel free to add me!