Down 54lbs and counting! (pics!)

Options
2»

Replies

• michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great! congrats! What a motivation for the new year :-)
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!!!
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • nmoore226
    nmoore226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! And what an inspiration you are!! I planned to sign up for the Ramblin Rose Triathalon last year but never did. I am going to pay for it this year and get it done just days before my 46th birthday!! Do you mind sharing where you purchase bike shorts? That was one of my concerns last year.
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! You look amazing.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You are a huge inspiration!!! I'm starting the C25K tomorrow and have always thought I couldn't do anything like that because I'm a "big girl"!!!! Thank you for showing me how skewed my thinking is. You are amazing!!!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Girl, you rock! I just started a "Losing 50 in My 50's" group with the goal of losing 54 lbs. in 2012. You have no idea how encouraging you are. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you!!!! :) You will ROCK that group!
  • chelso0o
    Options
    You are a huge inspiration!!! I'm starting the C25K tomorrow and have always thought I couldn't do anything like that because I'm a "big girl"!!!! Thank you for showing me how skewed my thinking is. You are amazing!!!

That is EXACTLY why I avoided doing so many athletic things, and you know what? I did my 5K and almost vomited because I was so nervous. I was an hour early, and the butterflies were in my stomach. I was NOT the only one who did run/walk intervals, and I was NOT the last person. HUGE motivator :) I was hooked after that :) I even passed people.

It was a superhero run, and I went as "Underdog" BTW :-D :-D
  • chelso0o
    Options
    You are machine !!! I so want to do that myself ! great job !!

DO IT!!!!! YOU CAN! Without a doubt. Just put a race on your calendar, and then the focus isn't "I have such and such amount of weight to lose" it becomes "I have this event coming up that I have to train for"

Once the focus is OFF of weight loss, and ON to "training" it changes your whole outlook.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself. You're an inspiration! Good luck in 2012!
  • chelso0o
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! And what an inspiration you are!! I planned to sign up for the Ramblin Rose Triathalon last year but never did. I am going to pay for it this year and get it done just days before my 46th birthday!! Do you mind sharing where you purchase bike shorts? That was one of my concerns last year.

I would just get a tri suit. Bike shorts have a thick chamois (that pad in your "private area"), and a tri suit has a thin chamois. This makes it so that you don't have to change clothes in transition. You just go from swim, to bike, to run and only have to change your shoes.

www.realcyclist.com is a great place to purchase cycling gear, though. I also like www.performancebicycle.com and REI (you can get a tri suit from REI, but they are expensive) I also go to my local bike shops and try to get clearance items at the end of the season.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are amazing!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are amazing!
  • lackofnames3
    lackofnames3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can not tell you how wonderful it is to see others who are not the "typical" image of a marathon or triathlete doing them. It makes me feel like my dreams are possible that I can do it BEFORE I lose every ounce of fat!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!! Keep at it!
  • chelso0o
    Options
    I can not tell you how wonderful it is to see others who are not the "typical" image of a marathon or triathlete doing them. It makes me feel like my dreams are possible that I can do it BEFORE I lose every ounce of fat!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!! Keep at it!

ABSOLUTELY! I think most people feel that way, and if I didn't have the support group around me that I do I wouldn't have done it. I felt that since I don't "look" like a triathlete, then I cannot BE a triathlete. Well, it took me four months after the race for me to realize (pardon my french) that D^&N it! I AM a triathlete and a cyclist, no matter what I look like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!