What exercises do YOU do?

Options
Just interested on what everyone else does :)

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few years on you - so feeling free to give you some advice - figure out what you like to do, and what you will continue to do day after day, month after month and that is what you should do.

For me, it's Strength training and Cardio at the gym 4-5 nights a week. In the summer it's swimming, walking and hopefully biking once my knee recoups.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone (walking and strenghening) videos, stationary bike, walking outside and just joined a gym today so will add more cardio and weight training variety. I like to swim in the summer.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have a small family and I like to incorporate all my little ones into my work out.

We do Zumba, bike riding (well I don't have a bike ride, but they do), obstacle courses (at the park), ball games, touch rugby and lots and lots of dancing

I also have my alone time and that's when I like to go for a Jog, do sit ups and stretches. I try to do things that will fit into my life and my family life for a LONG time to come
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Weight training (20-30 min), brisk walking on non-weight and rest days (30min - 1hour or more), kettlebell workouts (20-30 min) & Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (20 min). Oh... and sometimes Wii Fit stuff. I want to buy Just Dance 3, seems really fun.
  • jen91010
    Options
    I am a fan of Jillian Michaels, so I workout to her DVDs at home. I own about 6 of them. My personal favorite is "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism," but I have just recently tried her "Cardio Kickbox" DVD, and I like that as well! It works well for me, because I'm gone from home all day and don't really feel like heading to the gym after work. I walk all day for my job, so these intense workouts are good for me. My body is used to walking. :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength with 20 -30 minutes of light cardio, either incline walk or light jog.
  • mrsStgo
    mrsStgo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love high impact workouts, but also love lifting weights. Right now I'm doing a Kettle Bell workout. In the past nice done Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I also have many Jillian Michaels workouts. JM is really good and her workouts are pretty inexpensive. My best results came from Chalean Extreme and Turno Fire.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I run, do aerobics with resistance bands once a week and circuit training twice a week.
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I do sit-ups, push-ups and light weight training at night before bed, power walk for at least half an hour in the afternoons, and take Taekwondo classes three times a week. I'm hoping to up that to five times a week in the next few months.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I run on the treadmill, and do exercise videos at home. I really like anything Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, and sometimes the Firm (old stuff). However, I try to do as much stuff outdoors as possible for fun, like hiking or playing volleyball with the family.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do lots of cardio, Insanity workouts, Jillian Michaels, boot camp and strenghth.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Running and a variety of Jillian Michaels dvds.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    I lift for one body part a day (with the exceptions of training hamstrings and shoulders together), and do a variety of movements. I run/walk 3 miles daily too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition