Suggestions for leftover ham

Options
dustyhockeymom
dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
We had ham for dinner tonight and I have a lot of ham left over. I am making soup tomorrow but I need to use it up for a few days. Usually I would make maccaroni and cheese, but that isn't a low calorie option so I am wondering if anyone has any other good ideas. Thanks.

Replies

• tricia3368
    Options
    use the ham bone and cut up small pieces of ham n use in collard greens or black eyed peas :) happy new year
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try making mini pizzas... On Light multi grain english muffins with a tiny bit of bbq sauce, ham, mushroom,peppers,onions, and cheese!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We had ham too.... looking for to seeing suggestions!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Uhoh....need more suggestions!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My dad always put leftover ham in split pea soup. He actually called it "ham soup" because as kids we wouldn't eat "pea soup" lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's always good with eggs :)
  • relaws
    relaws Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I add about an oz to scrambled egg whites and fat free cheese in a corn tortilla for breakfast tacos. Or make egg cups. Egg whites, ham, and cheese. Throw in cupcake pan and bake. They freeze well for quick breakfast!
  • kellzyeah
    Options
    I had a ton of leftover ham after Christmas, too. I made a ham, broccoli and cheddar quiche one night for dinner that was VERY good. You could make it lower-cal by using half egg whites, fat-free cheese, skim milk, etc.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I made skinnytaste's broccoli macaroni and cheese (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and.html) but added about 8 ounces of diced leftover ham to the recipe. Was delicious.

Served 8, final stats per serving:
    Calories 380
    Total Carbs 45g
    Fiber 3g
    Total Fat 12g
    Protein 23g
    Sodium 483g
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I add about an oz to scrambled egg whites and fat free cheese in a corn tortilla for breakfast tacos. Or make egg cups. Egg whites, ham, and cheese. Throw in cupcake pan and bake. They freeze well for quick breakfast!

THIS!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    How about a ham omellette?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Greens and ham, beans and ham, split pea soup with ham, ham and eggs, ham and noodle casserole. Wrap asparagus with thin slices of ham, or even fruit, dried or fresh... Everything tastes better with ham.
    :smile:
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    any way ive ever made ham was unhealthy lol my favorite is ham and potato au gratin casserole
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oven bake fish and then right before it's done, pull it out and then wrap ham around the fish and then finish it off until the ham is crispy.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Mix cubes of ham, cherry tomatoes, and chopped fresh basil into plain white rice. If the rice is hot, the other ingredients can be cold when you stir them.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I just made a ham omlette the other night.

I chopped up some onion(sauteed with PAM), 2 whole eggs (and 2 egg whites), chopped ham then before I closed the eggs, I added a piece of american cheese, and served with roasted potatoes. Darn TASTY!!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Freeze some in meal/recipe portions for another week.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I had left over ham and I diced it up and used it in scrambled eggs.
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Cut up the ham and add it to a salad packed with other vegetables (carrots, celery, peppers, etc.).
  • jaynewould
    Options
    I have a huge chunk of Christmas ham in the fridge. So far I've used it on pizza, for breakfast on an English muffin with spinach and a poached egg, and I've been making awesome grilled cheese sandwiches with sourdough bread, ham, spinach, tomato and just a few slivers of really good sharp cheddar.