what are you eating for lunch tomorrow?

Options
chelsea_thatsme
chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
so i didn't do a good job of planning ahead and i want to take my lunch tomorrow but don't know what to take. i just saw some yummy healthy looking pasta recipes in a health magazine, but i don't have all the ingredients. do you guys have any good recipes or ideas of what i could make? i have some pasta in the pantry, and quite a few veggies (green beans, peas, carrots, squash, Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbagge, basil), those are the ones i could think of off hand (too lazy to go downstairs and look :/ Or if you don't have any good recipes, what are you eating tomorrow?

thanks in advance for the help!

Feel free to add me as a friend! the more support and motivation the better :D

Replies

• Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    When I dont have time to pack a lunch I take a lean cuisine. If I have time I make a sandwich or something
  • drop30lbs
    drop30lbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I packed a fiber one bar and banana for breakfast after my morning workout, cottage cheese & blueberry apple sauce, for am snack, veggie soup and spinach salad for lunch, mini cucumbers and lite honey yogurt dressings for pm snack and an apple for the drive home. I also packed a chocolate pudding cup if I get a sweet attack in the afternoon.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Probably a tuna sandwich.

This is how i make mine;

Albacore Tuna- 1 can.
    Low-fat Mayo- 1-2 tbsp
    Garlic Dill Peperoncini- 3-5 peppers
    10 grain bread- 1 slice
    Tomato- 2 slices
    Butter Lettuce- 1 leaf

I usually eat this with a piece of fruit and some veggies/hummus.

I try my best not to over do it on the carbs and eat lots of protein. >~<
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have baked lentil chips seasoned with sea salt and pepper, yellowfin tuna salad, and 2 slices of fresh pineapple

Pam
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    salad
  • AnastasiaVegGIrl
    Options
    I like to have a super nutritious salad with mixed greens, lots of different veggies, dulse, nutritionial yeast, sauerkraut, and lemon. Sometimes I add salsa - sounds weird but it's delish...
  • themurph8910
    Options
    so i didn't do a good job of planning ahead and i want to take my lunch tomorrow but don't know what to take. i just saw some yummy healthy looking pasta recipes in a health magazine, but i don't have all the ingredients. do you guys have any good recipes or ideas of what i could make? i have some pasta in the pantry, and quite a few veggies (green beans, peas, carrots, squash, Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbagge, basil), those are the ones i could think of off hand (too lazy to go downstairs and look :/ Or if you don't have any good recipes, what are you eating tomorrow?

thanks in advance for the help!

Feel free to add me as a friend! the more support and motivation the better :D

that would be a meal for me. I would sautee up all the veggies with a little extra virgin olive oil and some Mrs Dash and mix it all up together. That is how I usually make my pasta or a will put a little pesto in with the veggies or just add all the veggies to a jarred tomato sauce.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not a specific recipe, but I see the makings of a great pasta salad - cook the pasta al dente, rinse. Add carrots, peas, cabbage (shredded), basil, and other veggies to your liking. Toss with canned Tuna or diced chicken. Add a low fat dressing ( I like a balsamic vinagrette). I sometimes add some shredded parmesan cheese, although this increases the fat and calories.

Maybe I'll make some later this week after I go to the store!

I'm taking salad with leftover grilled chicken tomorrow and Wednesday. Packed up a couple of dishes while I was at it.:flowerforyou:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tuna, apple and a little mayo possibly wrapped in lettuce. And some yogurt.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Wow! aren't you lot good and organised.
    I always take a banana to work and have a cup of hot marmite.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    La tortilla factory rosemary wrap with 2oz turkey, baby spinach, sundried tomatoes, havarti cheese and course mustard. Fresh cut pineapple for desert. Maybe 500 calories?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I made a big batch of my favourite salad yesterday to have with lunch, and broiught the leftovers into work today (it'll last 2 days or so)

Shredded red cabbage, fennel, chopped celery, apple, walnuts and stilton, in a dressing of red wine vinegar, walnut oil and Dijon mustard. Today I had it with a slice of roast beef, will pair it with something different tomorrow.