Frozen Dinners for Weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    How do you guys feel about using frozen dinners to aide in weight loss?
    As long as you get in your macronutrient/micronutrient essentials, exercise and sleep, if you they help you to stay within calorie control they should be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    They are nothing but crap! You can make your own frozen meals ahead of time and get alot more food and nutrients! If you are just concerned about weight loss, well then, go for it!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I try to think of them as a fast-food alternative on the days where I am too busy at work to really stop and eat something healthy. I probably have one or two a week, but it's better than 2 fast food lunches.

They can be pretty empty cals and have high sodium, so I just try to make sure I have a filling snack later, like a greek yogurt, string cheese, or high fiber 90-cal bar.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was using frozen meals for the last 4 weeks, breakfast, lunch and dinner most meals

With a 1,000 cal deficit

I felt I was holding on to too much water weight

So last few days barely had any

And promptly lost about 3 pounds

I think they are great to train your stomach to eat smaller portions

I have been maintaining a 20 pound loss for 3 years

I think as I get closer to goal, I will rely less on them
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    They didn't help me at all.
  • jessiesheik
    Options
    I think there great to have in the freezer for last minute meal (I only use them occasionally) but I always add a ton of veggies to them :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    How do you guys feel about using frozen dinners to aide in weight loss?

Ironically, I am going to have a Weightwatchers one in a short while for lunch.

I don't eat them everyday though.
  • Donna908
    Donna908 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Kashi ( I LOVE) Southwest Style Chicken has 5g fat 310 cal. 49g carbs. and 680 mg Sodium
    But the Kashi Black Bean Mango is good too and it has 380 mg. of sodium. but higher fat calories and carbs.