Couch to 5K dowload help!

Options
Hi, I have started the Couch to 5K programme (yesterday actually). I basically wrote down the sequence on my hand and used the stopwatch on my horribly unfashionable phone, so the timings were a bit hit and miss. So what I need to know is can you recommend a download or podcast for this programme. Not only am I a complete beginner at running, I am also a self confessed technophobe (it wasn't always this way). What I have at my disposal is a PC, an ipod shuffle and my other half does have a company i-phone. Please someone tell me what to do! Is there something that could go on my ipod that tells me when to run and walk and a bit of background music would be good too! My other new year's resolution is become more up to date with my technology lol

Replies

• allisami
    allisami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    there is an app you can download. i have an adroid and downloaded it free. called c25k lite. used it last night, very easy. start the program and a chime beeps when its time to change from running to walking. week 5 is killing me....but the app is easy to use and i have made it this far....

good luck!
  • mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If your other half doesnt mind you using his iPhone try ENDOMONDO, its free and it tracks where you run or cycle and gives you routes, times and if you have friends using the same they can send you messages to spur you on as your runiing.

Hope this is of some use!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For your ipod shuffle...there are many free podcasts available for C25K. I can't recommend a specific one because many have music tracks so it would depend on your music preference.
    I would suggest that you spend some time on itunes searching C25K podcasts.
    Additionally, you can do a google search which should yield some free C25K 'music' files that you could import onto your shuffle.
    For the iphone, active.com has a C25K app that is currently on sale for 0.99 (not sure what the regular price is). I recommend this one only because it's the one I've been testing. My regular phone is a droid, which I use a different app. I'm sure if you search apps on itunes, there are free C25K apps as well.
    All of these sources will prompt you (either by voice of 'dings') when it is time to switch from walking and running (warm up and cool down included).
    Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Thanks all, that's brilliant. I'm going to get my other half to sort it out for me now, but at least I know what I'm asking him to do!