another baby another attempt to lose the weight

Options
I joined MFP in January of 2010 but didn't really begin using it until January 2011. At this point I had 2 children and was extremely dedicated to losing weight. I lost 40 lbs in 4 months! thats when I found out I was pregnant with number three...so here we are, january 2012 and at it again. I'm 15 lbs less then where I was a year ago but I have such a long way to go. Most of my MFP friends have been doing this for awhile and are reaching their weight loss goals. As much as I love them and appreciate all their support and inspiration, I'm looking for some new friends who are experiencing the same struggle at being at square one. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new bundle of joy!!! :flowerforyou:

I hear ya!! I had my third not too long ago and I'm needing to take control again.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one! I have three as well! Feel free to add me!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Yes, congratulations on your new baby and on your weight loss. 15 lbs less is amazing after being pregnant! You've got this :smile:
  • nonohomes
    Options
    My 3rd is 3 almost 4 and I am still trying to lose the weight. 20 lbs isn't "A LOT" of weight to most people but it is when you know the reason you feel bad is because you aren't eating properly. I've found over the last few years is that Pilates works wonders as far as exervise goes without a lot of huffing and puffing that comes with most other exercise programs if you are physically able to do that now. Also, eat small meals often. You can do it just make sure you have a good support system.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Losing baby weight is tough, but you did it before and you will do it again. I found it the hardest to lose after my 4th. But shoot, 4 c-sections and being that much older. Works against you. Losing 40 lbs in 4 months is amazing. I am sure you will do it again.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    friend request on its way x
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I can relate. I had gotten down to my prepregancy weight before my 1st son. Post 3rd baby (he is 3 months) I am the heaviest I have ever been. I'm new to MFP but motivated.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    It is hard losing weight after babies. I have had 5, one right after another. I nursed each one and just could NOT lose weight while I was nursing. After #5 (we're done, unless we adopt later), I decided it was TIME to work on my weight. So in the last year I have lost about 100 lbs. through clean eating and exercise. My advice to you if you are nursing would be to just focus on that right now, cleaning up your eating (no sugar or processed food) and make exercise a part of your life, just like brushing your teeth. Check out Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet books, they have been life changing to me. Trust me, it can be done! Just remember it is a journey, not a race, and you will get there. Also remember we have seasons of life as women, and this may be the season to nurture the babies, and your weight loss journey may need to take second place (not saying to throw caution to the wind). Remember these moments are short and fleeting and will be over before you blink. Feel free to send me a friend request, I would love to be an encouragement to you! Blessings on your journey!
  • KarenPostmus
    Options
    awww! Congratulations:D You can do it! You did it before! Our youngest is 1 yr and I'm struggling - mostly b/c I'm not doing what I know I should be doing :( but there's so much motivation floating around here on MFP!!