New Here and Looking for Online Friends/Support -- 33F and a

Options
Hi,

I am starting over this New Year! I lost a lot of weight several years ago and kept it off (mostly), but I did backslide a bit this fall and throughout the holidays. I would love to have some online or in person (Brooklyn-area) fitness buddies! I find I do best when I have support and am accountable with my weight loss. I love running in Prospect Park and belong to Crunch gym on Flatbush Avenue.

My intermediate/near term weight loss goal is to lose 25 pounds, which will take me down to the weight I was early this summer. My longer term goal is to maybe lose another 10-20 pounds on top of that. I will reevaluate once I am back to my "summer" body, hopefully by mid-March, which is when I am running my fourth half marathon. I haven't really "run" at the weight I am now other than a few odd miles on the treadmill every now and then this past month, and I am not looking forward to it, but my HM training plan begins next week. I am also thinking of trying out Crossfit.

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

*feel free to add me*
  • christinetubbs
    christinetubbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Today is actually my first day as well!!
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I am just starting too.
  • katekel84
    katekel84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • mdsh02
    mdsh02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2, fell free to add me:) looking for some accountability partners.:wink:
  • margiemommy
    margiemommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me:happy:
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    33yr old mom and runner here.

feel free to add if u like.

edit:
    how did i miss the fact that you're from brooklyn????
    definitely add me now!!!!!
    i belong to forum fitness (on nostrand ave) and planet fitness (on remsen ave)
  • Ambie1334
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    welcome!!1i love this site.add me if you would like!!!:smile:
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will support you!
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here & looking for a fresh start for 2012!! I am looking to lose 10 pounds, and just want to get fit and healthier. I have always exercised. I have a rare and painful autoimmune rheumatoid disease & exercise helps me feel better. I am trying a new diet starting today, sort of Paleo, but maybe not as strict, but definitely gluten and dairy free - I have read several books, and heard from several people that it could really help with the pain, imflammation and allergies...we'll see!! good luck!!
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!! Time to began our new selves!!!