Gym flirting gone horribly.............right?

Options

Replies

• nurse_chris
    Options
    A few years ago i had come out of a really bad relationship and started working out at night.... Anyways, this hottie blonde who was a phenomenal person and a machine with cardio, started coming in also, but an hour after i'd start. So i adjusted my times and we started chatting and one thing led to another and we had a great summer :)
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    I went out with a guy who worked at my gym last year, but the timing was off because he worked there every day when I got out of teaching so he worked 2-10 and i worked 6-2. However, that was for the best for me!

I get more hit on, using this website than I do at the gym at 6:30am looking like a bed zombie!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    There was a guy that figured my schedule and was at the gym at the same time every day as me. If I was doing cardio, so was he, right next to me. If I was strength training, he was as well right next to me. He flirted a lot, which was okay. And then, he brought me a bouquet of 12 long stem red roses one day. I changed gyms.

wow
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    There was a guy that figured my schedule and was at the gym at the same time every day as me. If I was doing cardio, so was he, right next to me. If I was strength training, he was as well right next to me. He flirted a lot, which was okay. And then, he brought me a bouquet of 12 long stem red roses one day. I changed gyms.

That didn't work????
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I get more hit on, using this website than I do at the gym at 6:30am looking like a bed zombie!

I NEVER get hit on this site...or the gym LOL. I get hit on by old men, drunkards, or derelicts! lol
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend at the gym. I was on the machine he wanted to use and he asked how many more sets I had....that broke the ice, not to mention with both had our Marine Corps shirts on, so it was a match made in heaven.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    While I didn't exactly meet my current girlfriend at the gym, I DID meet her when I took an off-site Zumba class and couldn't be happier!

We both have a dedication to working out and me getting/her staying in shape and its extremely motivating when you have someone who is willing to run or lift weights with you. Someone who suggests doing a 5k on Thanksgiving morning to earn the days calories or someone who gets off the couch and starts doing squats for seemingly no reason at all. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I've had really good luck at Bally's :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: good for you. :wink:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Never flirted, and never been hit on at the gym. But then, I am there to workout and probably wouldn't even recognize it if it did happen.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Honestly you couldn't pay me to join a gym. When I work out it's serious business, my kids will wake me up for absolute nonsense but they WILL NOT even come into the room if I am working out. If someone came at me with B.S. I'd flip. I work out at home where I can get it done, work hard and don't have to wait for equipment.

And don't have to worry about who has put their germs all over the machine and NOT clean it when they were done!
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wear my headphones and try not to make eye contact at the gym, but there is a guy there that tries to talk to me every day...even though I wear a wedding ring! So gross!
  • MrObundles
    MrObundles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not at the gym, however bookstore and library all the time (with my wedding ring), they won't leave me alone.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Well at least I've seen a couple happy stories on my thread! Lol

And also become educated about a whole 'banging in the locker room' subculture that I had no idea existed! Who knew there were whole chains with a reputation for it? :laugh:
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not at the gym, however bookstore and library all the time (with my wedding ring), they won't leave me alone.

Oh, really...?
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm married, but I've met some good friends at the gym. One older divorced man who I introduced to my trainer and now he's using her. A younger guy who weight lifts every morning when I am there ( 5 a.m.) and we see each other a Shipley Donuts sometimes after.....(I know, but I'm buying coffee and he's getting kolaches). And my trainer who has become a great friend.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The creepy belly rubber story... :sick:

But uh, I dunno. People at the gyms I've gone to have been cool to downright unfriendly. A friendly flirt from a random stranger wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • MichelleKMo
    MichelleKMo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well if being hit on counts....I know women complain about getting hit on at the gym and while I'm not looking for it I am highly amused and my ego gets a jolt. Just some extra endorphins to add to the workout :)

Love this!! :):)
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I look like I am in the witness protection program and I pray that nobody I know sees me, lol. I have even figured out the busiest times of the day and avoid them like the plague. Who knew so many people would be there at 5am? Weirdos, lol. This morning I went from 10 to 11:30 and it was great. I had the track to myself for almost an hour. If anyone speaks to me at the gym it will likely be to ask me if I am ok or if I need an ambulance.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I gym I go to is small, it does not have a sauna, or pool. And the shower is only big enough for one person at a time.

This sounds like the gym I go to - a MAN's gym. No frills or frosting...Most of the guys (literally) that work out there are ones that I would prefer not to meet in a dark alley. I'm sure they are nice, but I'm a little intimidated by them. lol
  • blueandigo
    Options
    I don't hit on ANYONE at the gym and I definitely don't want to be hit on while I am running on a treadmill sweating like crazy, no makeup, smelly, hair in ponytail, etc... I go to the gym to work out and focus and I would be annoyed if someone interfered with "my time"
    Thats just me though :)
    That's how I like to meet my women because she knows that I see the real her and not a fake image.