Newcomer who just turned 40 and needs some major encourageme

Options
2»

Replies

• summergirl34
    Options
    Hi!
    That sounds like me! I needed encouragement too. MFP is great! This is the best tool I have ever used to lose weight. I turn 40 in July. After have 3 kids, that are now 13, 9, and 5, I need to get into gear and lose all the weight. I put it off for some many years and now I am ready for it to be gone!
    You can do it! :smile:

Amie
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hi
    I just joined too, I am 41 with 2 kids and a bunch of post baby/working mom weight to lose. scheduling is hard - prioritizing... weeekends wil be the real test for me. I bought a recubant bike and am finding that I can work it in 4 days a week or so.... WOuld ove to buddy up for encouragement and ideas!:flowerforyou:
  • fitmoore
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. You are on the correct path. Little changes can add up to one big change. Congrats on making your life changing choice to a Healthier Life.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I was 43 when I started this. A year later, I feel 20 years younger. I have so much energy and can feel my muscles working even when I do everyday activities. I recently was called "The hot lady" in front of the house by my son's 18 year old friends (LOL). You can do this. It will make you look and feel years younger.
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! I love reading all the encouragement from all the beautiful 40 year olds. I am 43 and loving it, 40 was a hard but, got over that hump and love my age. I have used this site for about a year but have not engaged in the message boards however, decided to do my first post. Yippie....I do not even have a facebook. I typically gain 20lbs every winter usually a joke with my husband and I but am tired of working so hard to get it gone by spring. So, here I am trying to engage to see if that will keep me focused. But, let me tell you that even though I am heavier than I want I am healthy, confident and capable. 40 year olds are amazing. Come into your own at 40!!!