Getting Married This Year? (Ladies only!)

Options

Replies

• Officersbride2b
    Options
    IN SEARCH OF SOME BRIDAL BUDDIES!! +++ ME :)
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so glad that I found this thread :) I'm getting married 9-2-12. I already bought my dress in a size down and I've already lost ten lbs since I bought it! I'm hoping to lose another 40-45 before dress fittings! However, I'll be happy with anything less than I am now :)
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I wish I'd found this site before my Wedding last May 2011. But I wouldn't have changed anything else :D
    [/quote

Same here =/ oh well we can look sexy for our husbands now!!
  • Officersbride2b
    Options
    So excited for you!! We can do this :) Congrats on your wedding and Im sure you'll be beautiful. Im having a country wedding at my moms farm and wearing cowboy boots!! Def a southern Belle kinda thing :) Im a bigger boned type person so my ideal weight for myself is 165-175, I lost 42lbs of Phentermine but felt like I was a "druggie" continuously taking a pill knowing is wasnt healthy. So exercise and devotion begins my journey now!!!
  • cheri23
    cheri23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats girls! Im so excited for all of you! I joined this site to lose weight for my wedding. I did it and we were married October 7th, 2011. Unfortunately, I didnt 'shred' it cause it's back but will be gone for good soon enough. Good luck ladies!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    So excited for you!! We can do this :) Congrats on your wedding and Im sure you'll be beautiful. Im having a country wedding at my moms farm and wearing cowboy boots!! Def a southern Belle kinda thing :) Im a bigger boned type person so my ideal weight for myself is 165-175, I lost 42lbs of Phentermine but felt like I was a "druggie" continuously taking a pill knowing is wasnt healthy. So exercise and devotion begins my journey now!!!

You and I are in the same boat as far as being bigger boned... Im in Virginia too ~ and we are having a picnic-themed wedding!
  • dilleight
    Options
    Getting married 30th June :) Need to lose at least 10lb for, um the 4th time. Planning to buy a dress online in about a month. If it needs to be taken in, it's a price I'm willing to pay.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm getting married July 15th, going dress shopping tomorrow =) but I want to lose like 15-20 more lbs!
  • Officersbride2b
    Options
    Yayyyyyy!!! I bet it will be beautiful! In highschool I was bone thin, looked very unhealthy and not attractive at all, after that I gained and gained and gainnnnnedddd!! At one point I was up to 236 the biggest I had ever been in my entire life! I hope I never see that number again. Granted I am 5'7" and my weight evens out a tid bit, but still I never want to see that ugly number again
  • Officersbride2b
    Options
    I hope you find a beautiful dress! :)
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    GETTING MARRIED MARCH 23!!!!!
  • FutureMLF
    Options
    I'm in! Just starting to dress shop for my 9/8/12 wedding and finding that 14/16 is NOT a common sample size. I'm hoping to get down ~50lbs in about 34 weeks...totally manageable if I stick to it!
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    getting married in may and i have to look great too so add me :) I also HAVE TO lose weight cause i bought my dress and its a bit tight like back clevage tight yuck so yay right there with ya!!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    Husband and I are talking about renewing vows in September 2013 in honor of our 25th anniversary. I hope to be way smaller by that time! Congratulations to all of you newbies getting married! I love married life!
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My wedding is 4 months 24 days away and I have 4 months to try and drop 2 stone! Yikes!!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm getting married (for the second time) on August 12th, 2012. We are having the wedding in the front yard of our new house in the country, with the reception BBQ/picnic in the huge back yard (which is actually more of a meadow than a yard at this point). We will be camping & hiking in Big Sur and the Santa Cruz mountains in California for our honeymoon. I want to lose at least 40 more pounds before the big day.
  • aarquines
    Options
    My date is July 14, 2012. I have 6 months to lose at least 10 pounds and lose some inches on my waist and bust. Would love to tone my arms and back; I have ALWAYS had trouble in this area. Add me too =)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Celebrating 19 years of marriage on March 6, 2012 with a trip to Florida! Best of luck to all the new brides! I love being married to my best friend. There are good days and bad days but it is all worth it. I can not imagine my life without my wonderful, loving, funny and supportive husband! Just wished he could cook :)
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Looking to shed 40 lbs (Not lose, cause I don't want them back :)
    <--- HAHAHA

Getting married May 26 of this year... EEEK.
    Looking to "shed" 15lbs.

Congratulations ladies and good luck... feel free to add me for support :)
    [/quote]

That's my wedding date~!!
    I'm looking to "shed" about 30... but realistically about 15lbs by May.

:)

Amy
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am getting married exactly 5 months and 20 days and 4 hours from now lol (June 23rd)! I can't wait! I bought my dress in September and have gone down 2 sizes since then and want to have most of my weight loss for the wedding done before my birthday April 30th for alterations. I am at 308 (started at 349 and a size 28) now and want to be down to hopefully 250 but at least 275 by then for sure! I just want to be under 300 again, I haven't been there since high school! I have an amazing fiancee who has been encouraging me and has decided to join me in this journey. He has currently lost around 10 lbs! We both hold each other accountable, and it is great to have this to bring us closer too and it will make it easier to carry on once we are married and living together, instead of being 3 hours apart. Keep up the hard work girls I know we can do this!!!!