Looking for a new wagon after I fell off mine :)

Options
Trying to get back on track! Need to loose 66 pounds! OUCH! I can do this...I think. I used this site 2 years ago and it did wonders for me versus writing it down...hopefully it will keep me honest.

I am a 37 year old working mother of 2 (6yr, 8yr) with a SAHD who is an incredible artist.

I work full time and go to school part time two nights a week to finish my bachelor's degree (done fall of '12!) So my biggest challenges are time to get exercise in. Mainly will have to work that in on the weekend.

Hope to lurk here and interject when it applies!

June

Replies

• Judyboo0074
    Options
    Hi! I'm Judith,
    Everyone gets pushed off the wagon during the holiday season. Just climb back on, it will be ok! :o)
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love your Subject line.. "looking for a new wagon", we always use the expression falling off the wagon, but never heard it that way.. That made me smile.. Wecome back.. You did get back on a new wagon when you logged back into my fitness pal..

Good luck!
  • hlshubert
    Options
    Good for you! I just found this site today and I already feel healthier and happier - it's been the easiest "free" site I've found!!! Can't wait to start losing weight - I am 35 and want to lose 40 pounds.... I've been super depressed and it's affecting my relationship with my husband too, because I feel gross, anyway - no more worries! I will hopefully get lots of inspiration and motivation, and maybe I can do the same for someone else!!!
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your subject line made me laugh! I have fallen off the wagon and been ran over! I decided to get serious about two weeks ago. Went public with my food/exercise diary which has helped hold myself accountable.

It's a marathon not a sprint -- you can do this!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in June of 2009....Lost the weight but I too fell off my wagon about a year ago and today after the holiday season I can say I have gained back every ounce. It's very sad but I have no one to blame but me!!!! I'm also a working Mom of two. Feel free to friend me! Best of luck finding your wagon!
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    when i first started with this, i lost a little over 40 lbs! then i had a hysterectomy and had to stop exercising for a while, and gained about 20 back. then the holidays came around, and now here i am. im ready to get back at it myself! i have a little over 100 lbs to loose yet! im determined to get it all off one of these days :tongue: feel free to add me. support on MFP is awesome!
  • JoyK76
    JoyK76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I fell off last Sept. I too have had to "find a new wagon". You have a lot going on. I commend you for all that you are juggling. First of all, keep up the great job with your education! I have been a single mom for 14 yrs. and I finally finished my B.S. in 2008 after many years of working full time and going to class.

I am 35 and have about 40 lbs. to lose still. I'm working on my second year of weight loss. It has been slow going but keep in mind, this isnt a race. Te point is to learn how to make healthy choices and keep the weight off long term. Many times any of those '"quick fixes" can sometimes have a bounce back effect. So don't get discouraged when the weight comes off slowly.

I have found that making up a schedule for myself keeps me on track. I hope to sit down and create a new one once my son starts back up to school. This site has helped me stay disciplined by keeping track of my food and I know it works. When you get discouraged or feel like giving up...don't forget we are here for you to help lift you up.

Feel free to add me to your friends so we can encourage one another!
  • plargomar
    plargomar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I already see a huge difference in this site since I was last on it and I can say I LOVE all the changes I've seen.

Even just the number of you who have replied to this post is very encouraging. I need accountability BIG time. I tried having my husband do it, but he is too close to my heart and I don't like getting mad at him when he pushes me too much. I would much rather get mad at someone else LOL.

I really look forward to posting and asking questions with you!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've tried several wagons over the years! I really like this one and hoping to run it into the ground!! lol:drinker:
  • butter44077
    butter44077 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 37 as well and have lost 77 lbs since April. I started using MFP in September and have not missed a day yet. I would love to help encourage you and maybe you could help me out as well. I want to lose another 54 before I am at my goal. Feel free to add me. :-)
    Chris
  • mollyb33
    Options
    First off I LOVE the title of your post! :)

You can definitely do it! I know it can be a real struggle at times but if you just stay positive you'll see great results. Just think starting today is a lot easier then regretting not starting a year from now. Feel free to add me!