Chipotle

Options

Replies

• lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Definately didnt see the post above mine about doing it at home ... doh!
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHIPOTLE'S!! I went there about a year ago. (Out of town of course, sadly we don't have one here) I fell in love with a lime/cilantro rice dish with spicy chicken. Since I can't get to a Chipotle's except a couple of times a year I figured out how to make the dish at home! I cook some rice up in my little rice cooker and add some lime juice and fresh cilantro. And I cook some chicken breast with Cavendar's seasoning and olive oil (keep the lid on the pan to seal in juices) Then I chop up the chicken and toss it in Tabasco Smoked Chipotle. MMMmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMmmmm Good and good for you! :)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    One of the best things you can get is crunch carnitas tacos w/ mild salsa and cheese... I think that was 420 calories and really delicious...
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chipotle can be a "healthy" resturaunt food. I know they use a lot of fresh and organic ingredients as well. It sounds as if you have managed to tweak your dinners healthy so I think it would be a good thing! Kinda like the Subway diet!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    hurting your wallet... not hurting your diet. just make it at home so you know exactly whats going into it, it would save you so much money.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just be careful because chipotle has a LOT, A LOT of sodium... which can make you retain water/gain weight. other than that, here and there its fine
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Wow, this is cool! My normal chipotle meal (if I forgo the tortilla wrap) is only like, 300-400 calories!

Only thing is I feel cheated spending $8 on the lettuce-black beans-cheese-sour cream combo. I should do Chipotle at home like people say.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Wait - Chipotle has brown rice?? I did not know that! :happy:

And I agree with it hurting the wallet - I don't eat there often because of the cost!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    As for me, I learned how to make everything at home almost identical to Chipotle so I could eat the same meal with about 75% less sodium intake, but the same calories and protein.

@volrathdesign -- would you happen to have a suggestion on how to duplicate the steak at home? :tongue: I agree with another poster that this hurts my wallet WAY more than my diet, LOL.
  • xmalonex
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the burrito bowl if its only 500 calories...I always thought of it as monster burritos that were billion calories.
    There is one walking distance from work so I'll do that tomorrow.
  • shantillylace81
    Options
    I eat Chipotle like once a week,
    I always order a Burrito Bowl no Rice no Tortilla no Corn chips,
    extra lettuce,fajita veggies,black beans,pinto beans,cheese, chicken and salsa, small dab of guac sometimes sour cream but not often. I get super full of that. it comes to like 380-400 calories depending on if you get sour cream
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Luv, Luv, Luv Chipotle, I was thinking about this yesterday as well, while I was eating my chicken burrito bowl. I thouoght to myself this is sooo delicious and has so many tasty ingredients and is so filling how could it possibly have only 600+ Cals. I get everything on mine :-) I wondered about the portion size since they heap everything on is the calorie count really accurate? I figure on my chipotle days I will workout really good just in case.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Love the ChipotleFan.com calculator. I would definitely suggest that as well (:

In response to your question. Chipolte is 'fast food'. but the food it's organic, so there's far less preservatives; which would be far more sabotaging. One suggestion: get the Steak option instead of Chicken. Less sodium and fewer calories as well.
  • austindperry
    austindperry Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes they do have brown rice, definitely clutch.

I'm glad to see so many Chipotle fans. Hopefully more of these organic and healthy option style restaurants start popping up.

And yes it isn't cheap to eat there but I'm not sure I could re-create the deliciousness lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    :
    Luv, Luv, Luv Chipotle, I was thinking about this yesterday as well, while I was eating my chicken burrito bowl. I thouoght to myself this is sooo delicious and has so many tasty ingredients and is so filling how could it possibly have only 600+ Cals. I get everything on mine :-) I wondered about the portion size since they heap everything on is the calorie count really accurate? I figure on my chipotle days I will workout really good just in case.
    If you do rice, beans, cheese, sour cream and corn salsa and gaucamole the bowl is 900 calories, but I am not sure what you mean by "everything" :happy:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    The only thing that concerns me about regularly eating at Chipotle is that I'm 95% sure what they put into my burrito bowl is significantly greater in quantity than what that online calculator assumes based on the portion size that was nutritionally analyzed. When I go, I log 100% of my burrito bowl but probably only consume 75% of it.
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I too am a HUGE Chipotle fan. I joined MFP in November and proceeded to lose ~10 lbs per month eating there 1-2 x per week. However, before MFP, I would get a burrito bowl AND chips AND I would eat all the chips all by myself. Since I am tracking my food, I built myself a 'meal' and always order the same thing. As long as I have a light dinner that day, it works for me. And the water, like others have said. I think it's awesome food - I'm sure it's cheaper to make it at home, but I can't imagine it would taste as good. I gladly fork over the $6-8 bucks for one of their awesome bowls. Yum!

PS: I'm eating there tomorrow. :)
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok fellow Chipotle fans... check this recipe out for their rice. It tastes EXACTLY like theirs. Plus its on Skinnytaste.com so its not too aweful for you either!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/chipotle-cilantro-lime-rice-4-pts.html
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I also love chipotle, but try to monitor your sodium intake while eating there. It is just a common practice of mine when eating out.
    Other than that I don't see a problem with it :flowerforyou: enjoy!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, go for it! Especially if it fits. Honestly, Chipotle, just like any other chains or restaurants, CAN be healthy! It just depends on what you get! :)