Replies

• Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My husband has been to Johns Hopkins for sleep study he is now using the machine nasal pad doctors wants him to lose 20 lbs he is not over weight but they say it helps thank you I will pass this on to my husband. Congrats. you look fantastic., Keep up the great job.
  • Jessy0383
    Options
    You look great! I am so glad that you are feeling better.. Keep up the good work!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I've actually read that if your neck circumfrence is more than 15", you will most likely have sleep apnea. My brother has it...I wish he would lose weight because the combo of the apnea and being unhealthy has affected his heart.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nice transformation! You look great. My husband suffers from sleep apnea as well, and has not managed to get any of the weight off. Wears the mask..it's loud and it blows really cold air my way. Looking forward to the day he gets it all together.
    Your wife is a lucky woman!! Good job man!!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing!!! What a great job you have done. Working with Durable Medical Equipment, we issue a lot of c-pap and bi-pap machines for sleep apnea. I know that I have sleep apnea too but have not had the sleep study done. I had open heart surgery though for a defective heart valve so have a mechanical aortic valve now and all of that contributes to the apnea in my situation. However, I do need to lose about 25 lbs. I am just amazed by your before and after pics! You have every right to be so proud of yourself.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing...awesome work :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and Congratulations on your success!
  • tml224
    tml224 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What is that?

The definition is in the post.
  • Leslie0423
    Options
    I have sleep apnea and have been on a CPAP machine for over 5 years now. I have just started (today) on MFP, and hope to be off the machine by the end of this year. Among other things, my weight has caused the sleep apnea. I dream of the day I can go to bed or nap without it! Congratulations to you for achieving that.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My husband had sleep apnea also. It was so bad, he had to use a CPAP machine when he slept. After losing weight, he no longer has the condition either. I'm no doctor, but I personally believe that losing weight is the key to getting rid of sleep apnea for most people. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look fantastic!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look terrific! Great job!
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!!! my gosh u worked hard well done :D
    sooo inspiring!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, and my apnea has improved with weight loss as well.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Wow. . you look amazing! What a great accomplishment!:bigsmile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, you look terrific!! Congrats on shedding the weight, and the apnea!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! So glad that your sleep Apnea is gone!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!

Weight loss cures MANY, MANY ailments...people like to deny it does but it really does.
    It even makes you look younger.

Have a Happy New Year!
  • bettycass
    bettycass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You do not look like the same man.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!