Getting Married This Year? (Ladies only!)

Options

Replies

• treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Getting married on April 22 (my parent's anniversary!) of this year. I can't wait, but I have a lot I'd like to lose before then! I'm having my dress made for me and it should be done in February, so I'm wondering how much I'll have to alter it before the wedding. I'm hoping I'll lose at least 20 pounds by then!
  • lzimolong
    lzimolong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all the bride-to-be's and CONGRATS! I am getting Married May 5th and my goal is 30lbs ASAP!
  • kymetime69
    kymetime69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im getting married Sept. 15, 2012!! Im in desperate need of losing about 10-15lbs. I bought my dress last weekend and It fit almost perfect! Just need to get rid of a little bit of back and stomach buldge and it will be perfect!! Hoping to find some other brides to be so we can help motivate each other in this race to the altar!! Feel free to friend request me!!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm not but my soon-to-be sister-in-law is on May 19th! I'm excited for the wedding =) Good luck with your wedding planning ladies and congratulations!!!
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im getting married, may 27th 2012 :)...one of my main inspirations to get in better shape!
  • shantastic1
    shantastic1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married March 17th, 2012 (St Patricks Day) Woooo wooot 74 days!!!
    I've been shredding for the wedding :) I work out at a gym but I wanted to jump start my fitness and weight loss so I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred too.
    I LOVE this site, it makes me accountable for what I eat. I've told a few friends and my sister and they are lovin' this site too.
    We can do this ladies <3
  • lizplaster
    lizplaster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My wedding day is 157 days away and I'm trying to lose 30 pounds (I'd be happy with 20 though)
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married May 18th (I'm a maid of honor) and I'm getting married June 1, 2013!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married June 2!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ok, how can I put that without coming off strange :)

I am already married but getting married in about 7 month again....or I better say it this way, Chris and I had our court house wedding on June 2nd 2010 and will have our church wedding hopefully this year, if the army for once will let us have it. So far July 7th is planned and on January 14th I will go wedding dress shopping. I really really hope that this time the Army won't send him away again, but we won't find out until he comes home from Afghanistan hopefully before February is over.

So if I can join I would really like to :)

And now CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on getting married this year, soon or being already married :)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this year.. April 28th.... going for my dress fitting tonight as a matter of fact.. I've lost 39lbs so far and lots of inches... :)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'll be mother of the bride on May 25, and hope to lose about 30 more pounds by then.

My DH and I are taking a cruise in Oct/Nov to celebrate our 30 year anniversary - so I want to loose an additional 30 pounds by then.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I have been married for four years now, but would love to join this challenge!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 11, 2012 in Mexico!!! I bought my dress... it was snug when i tried it on.. and when it arrived.. couldn't zip it up (I'm assuming the one i tried on was stretched out because it was a sample!)... ya.. let's go with that!!! :S ANYWHO.. i gotta lose at LEAST 20lbs... but i'm secretely hoping for more...

Congratulations to everyone.. and Good Luck!!!
  • Stphnbyls127
    Stphnbyls127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married on April 7, 2012. Countdown is in the single digits now so I need to really get these last 15/20 lbs gone before dress fittings start looming! So excited all of us are working so hard to look our best on our special days!
  • milersad1323
    milersad1323 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Getting married September 7, 2012 and it has been a great motivator! I started my journey 7 weeks ago today and am down 24 lbs. so far. I have a long way to go but I am feeling great and hope to lose another 30 pounds by the time I get my dress. I am loving this thread!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in June and looking to shed as much weight as possible. In a perfect world that would be 70 pounds. I'll settle for closer to 50 though. I can use all the motivation available to me!!!! So, ladies, feel free to add me as a friend. I am on here daily... really like the app. I am also doing a pilot program for a freind of mine's start up business. I get to consult with a nutritionist and have training help. I think all this might kill me and I am going to miss pizza terribly... but I am ready. Bring it!!!! :laugh:
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    September 8, 2012!! I've added several of you so that we can help motivate each other, I didn't always put a message when adding with the exception of my excitement of having wedding date twins/partners :)

Let's go girls!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I did NOT expect this thread to be that popular, haha. I've added 20 new friends already and I'm still adding. =D KEEP ADDING ME, BRIDAL BUDDIES!!!!! I love hearing about your wedding/engagement stories!
  • autumn_mix
    autumn_mix Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting married on October 13th, 2012! I am looking to lose 15 lbs (ok, it might be 20 after the holidays, but I am too scared to get on the scale!) before then. My mom was a seamstress, so she is making my dress - hopefully we can MAKE IT WORK (lol) with whatever weight loss I can muster by then.

My fiance and I are running a marathon in May...i figure if we can make it through a marathon together, we can make it through just about anything!