Weighing yourself

I have been back on it now for two days, but I have the desperate urge to weigh myself every morning !! What are you supposed to do? should you only weigh once a week? when is the best time and day?

Replies

• katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    I weigh myself every morning. shrugs. Keeps me accountable..but I only log my weigh ins 3 days a week here.
  • scottrey
    scottrey Posts: 18 Member
    People will tell you to only weigh yourself once a week or so to get an idea of real progress, as weight can fluctuate quite a bit day to day. If it makes you feel better to weigh yourself daily, do it. You won't see a decrease every day, and you will see some increases, but it's kind of fun to track your progress daily.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    You will likely get different answers to this. Many say once a week is enough. Its important to weight yourself at the same time of day with the same approximate amount of clothing on...or none. I weigh first thing in the morning. I do weight myself just about every day for my own satisfaction...or not.
  • I weigh myself every morning but I only put the weight that i get on here on friday mornings :) I always do it right before the weekend because weekend are hard for me to stay on track and when i see my weight that friday morning that i log i tend to stay on track during the weekend. I push myself more to not eat that bad food from the results I saw on friday morning :)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    I am a scale addict and can't stay away. I weigh myself every night as I get changed for bed and every morning when I get up. The night ones I don't put much stock in as they can vary alot depending how much liquid I drank and what we had for dinner. The morning I hope for the number to remain stable or hopefully drop some. I like it because it gives me motivation no matter what... if it drops I feel great and have extra confidence all day. If it stays the same I just keep on keeping on. And when it does creep up I know I need to double up my efforts.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    As long as weighing yourself every day doesn't get you down, go for it. You gotta know that there are going to be days when you're up, though.
  • I weigh myself every morning when I wake up after I've had a pee and before I have breakfast but I only log my weight once a week. Its fine to weigh yourself daily just be prepared to see your weight fluctuate. I've once weighed myself In the morning I was 8 stone 3 lbs weighed myself the same evening and it read as 8 stone 8lbs weighed again the next morning back Down to 8 stone 3 lbs it's crazy xx
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I weigh every day, but only count Monday's. But then, I graph my intake, my burn, and my cumulative deficit too. Yeah, I'm kind of a nerd at times. :flowerforyou:
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    i weigh myself almost every morning, naked, after I go to the bathroom.
    i say just use the same scale and don't freak out if the scale reads a few pounds extra on some mornings.

i only log my weight if it goes down and sometimes only if it stays down for a few days or so.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    i do it most mornings, just like to see whats going on, i do not obcess about it by no means, and i only take an "official" reading once a week.
  • DawnieCurz
    DawnieCurz Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks all, I dont feel so bad about weighing myself every morning now. :-)