Questios about weight loss and more

Options
I am 33 (female) 5'3" and 200 lbs. I have three kids ages 3 months, 2 and 3 and a half. I am breastfeeding my youngest (on demand- rarely does he get a bottle) and of course no solids. My caloric intake is 1,155 ( I burn 500 in EBF) Getting that extra 500 in is difficult on its own but then if I add in exercise ... I earn even more calories. I am on a no added sugar challenge for 2 weeks. However after everything (food wise that I plan to eat is plugged in) I have only netted 340 calories with 815 still to go. What can I do? This is for today. I am doing 4 days M/W/F/S at 40 minutes of exercise and Tues/Thurs/Sat at 20 minutes each day.

Totals 825 113 69 78 23 34
Your Daily Goal 1,640 225 55 61 35 57
Remaining 815 112 -14 -17 12 23
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar

Replies

• amom2threekids
    Options
    oh and my BMR is 1,655 calories. I am so freaking confused.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Look at what you have already.....is it "diet", "sugar free" or non/low/reduced fat stuff? If so, use full fat and non "diet" items. Your baby isn't on a diet, he needs proper nutrition and fat to thrive, not the chemicals and additives. Keep to a balanced diet that contains all the food groups in moderation. Eat when you are hungry...you are feeding your son so not all the nutrition stays with you...if you are hungry your body is trying to tell you that it needs something. Just be smart about it. Shoot for 1600-1800 per day, and use the exercise calories if you feel hungry, you don't have to eat them all back.
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    Do not pay attention to BMR, even the calculator says its not a good measure. You really need to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day to keep your body creating that milk for your baby and energy for the other two youngsters. Start your day with a good combination of protein and carb for breakfast, never skip breakfast. Then reduce your carbs as the day goes by remembering that furits are carbs. It is important to look at your age, activity level and your goal.......my guess is you need aroung 1200-1500 calories a day to loss weight and dont make it so difficult by adding or subtracting your bmr and energy burned thru exercise. Hang in there
  • amom2threekids
    Options
    Thanks... I guess I just find it hard to net say even 1200 calories a day.