L-Carnatine/Multi Vitamins

Options
Hi All,

i've been recommended L-Carnatine to use on a daily basis as it uses fat for energy therefore assisting in weight loss. i've done a bit of reading up on it and just wanted to know if anyone out there uses it and if it helps them?

I've also noticed i don't get enough vitamins in my normal diet and its difficult for me to change this due to my line of work. would multi vitamins help and do they increase metabolism??

your thoughts always welcome mfp friends.

Replies

• will180576
    will180576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did some in depth reading on the matter (I am a medical student so read some technical papers) no evidence to support efficacy. I used it for bit, I think it helped as I would take the capsules and think " now I have to run really hard, I have just taking the carnitine!" I suppose it helped in that in motivated me. Really though all supplements for weight loss are just marketing hype. No substitute for strict diet and intense exercise. If you want it, you cando it and will get amazing and satisfying results. Try www.simplyshredded.com for diet and supplement stuff, one of about three sites I read.
  • shawnkturner
    shawnkturner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for that. I'm down to 1600 cals a day and i've lost about a 10lbs in 20 days so its steady. If there just a placebo then i think i'll leave it. what about the multi vit suppliments. i try and get natural vits in when i can but some days its impossible.