Getting Married This Year? (Ladies only!)

Options

Replies

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm getting married on October 27, 2012. I am an older bride (51) and am looking to weigh about 120 by then. I currently weigh 139. I won't be looking to try on dresses (and not sure about a traditional wedding dress since I've been married before) until April or May - just hoping to make a significant dent by then.... :)
  • happybrooke
    Options
    I'm getting married May 12th this year!! I have about 5 months to lose 25lbs!! yikes!!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in Mexico on the beach in 43 Days!!!! February 15th at 3:00. Ive surpassed my weight goal and I just need to maintaine and continue toning. I ordered my dress in a size 4 and when I picked it up it was too big(yay)! I have to take it for alterations on Jan 20th so I have a couple of weeks to get to my ideal shape and then stay there! Good luck to everyone and give yourself enough time to get to reach your goals in a HEALTHY way. Remember..he loved you enough to want to marry you, so regardless of the size you are on your wedding day..he won't care. :)
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just want to congratulate all of you on your weddings. I have been married for ten years so I won't be joining you on this journy.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on August 18th!

me too!

Anyone feel free to add me :) I Love new friends!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in Mexico on the beach in 43 Days!!!! February 15th at 3:00. Ive surpassed my weight goal and I just need to maintaine and continue toning. I ordered my dress in a size 4 and when I picked it up it was too big(yay)! I have to take it for alterations on Jan 20th so I have a couple of weeks to get to my ideal shape and then stay there! Good luck to everyone and give yourself enough time to get to reach your goals in a HEALTHY way. Remember..he loved you enough to want to marry you, so regardless of the size you are on your wedding day..he won't care. :)

Aww! You're so sweet.

It's true. They really don't care. My future hubby has told me several times "We could get married tomorrow and you would still be beautiful. Don't get too stressed out over how you look. You're beautiful no matter what." =D He makes me happy, hehe.

MEXICO!!! Dang, girl. I envy you. =D I'm doing a church wedding in Edmonton, Alberta in the fall.

My wedding dress is an interesting story, though...two years ago, we were engaged and I had ordered my gown. It was PERFECT. But the engagement ended and I cancelled the order. We got engaged again and I went back to the same store, not expecting to find the dress...but it was THERE!!! And in the perfect size! =D It's meant to beeeee!!!!

The dress fits and looks fabulous now, so I just want to tone up. I'm not going to fret about being 'skinny' or 'thin,' I just want to be fit and healthy.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Looking to shed 40 lbs (Not lose, cause I don't want them back :)
    <--- HAHAHA

Getting married May 26 of this year... EEEK.
    Looking to "shed" 15lbs.

Congratulations ladies and good luck... feel free to add me for support :)
    [/quote]

Getting married May 19th!!! Congrats ladies! I have a challenge out there if your interested b/c I have lots to "shed"!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/429818-jan-challenge-for-brides-to-be-2012
  • Sandie303
    Options
    Getting Married on June 14th...162 days. Going dress shopping in about ten weeks. Could use some friends to help keep me motivated and to give advice. Thanks...Congrates to everyone.
  • mrs07312012
    mrs07312012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!! I will be getting married on July 31st 2012 in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I am really really excited. My fiance and I had been planning a big wedding for June 1st 2013 but with my extremley large family it started to be more about accomidating everyone else and taking away from the fact this is our day. So we moved the date up and decided that we wanted to be married on the beach with our close family. It will be Live streamed so everyone else can enjoy as we do. Than we are coming home and have a fantastic party to celebrate with our friends and family. I've picked out my dress but I am waiting a little while to have it ordered. I would like to shed 73 pounds by than, but I know that , that is a lot so I will be happy with less as long as I'm toned and comfortable.

Congratulations girls!!!

6 months , 28 days, 13 minutes and 29 seconds !!!
  • Officersbride2b
    Options
    Excited that theres this many Brides-to-be to lean on for support! =)
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options

omg I am not believing that I really will write what I think, but wow you have a rocking body!!! I think I have to print out your picture and use that as a motivation.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I atteneded a family member's wedding in Ocho Rios last year. It is soooo beautiful there. You will love it! Congrats! I wish I had the courage to do the beach wedding! I am too concerned with being accomodating for the family. :-)

So.... this was in response to mrs07312012. LOL. Guess I am not sure how toreply to a quote on the thread.... Ooooops.
  • BGSU2013
    Options
    I just got engaged on 12/23/11, and we don't have a date yet but I think it will be in about a year!! I have a lot to lose but I started myfitnesspal on 1/1/12 and I am motivated to stick to it! it helps a lot that one of my best friends is starting with me, we live in the same apartment complex and went to the gym today. It's a great help having her for motivation, and my wedding for motivation, too. Congrats to all you brides! I know I can do it and if I can, I know you can too!
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    I actually got divorced a year ago. (sad truth) but since then i've lost a lot of weight. its been a hard but VERY rewarding journey. :)
    You ladies are beautiful and motivated.

At my school we call what you're doing the LGN diet.

Look Good Naked!

lol! Good luck to you all! =D
  • mrs07312012
    mrs07312012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I atteneded a family member's wedding in Ocho Rios last year. It is soooo beautiful there. You will love it! Congrats! I wish I had the courage to do the beach wedding! I am too concerned with being accomodating for the family. :-)

So.... this was in response to mrs07312012. LOL. Guess I am not sure how toreply to a quote on the thread.... Ooooops.

That's awesome you were able to attend a wedding there!! What started the courage part was I could tell that the big wedding was not what my fiance wanted, of course he would do anything to make me happy, but from day one when we first started talking about marriage he had always said he wanted it to be special , me and him, and make it memorable. We started with that than things got out of control! This is going to be the day (week) for him and I and to be able to express our love in our own unique way. I was so concernded at first for my family (distant) but they all have been so supportative and are really excited for us!!

Were my big fears and the thing I need courage is for stepping out onto the beach or swimming up to the pool bar in a swim suite Yikes!!!!
  • hcs82
    hcs82 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello! I just joined this site today but had been using another similar before. My wedding is November 3, 2012 so exactly 10 months away. I'm looking to lose a lot more weight than I can by then, but if I can drop 60 by then I'll be happy. So far I've got 5.6 down.

I'm sticking to 1500 calories a day but will drop that a bit here and there as I start to weigh less. I'm also in martial arts twice a week, and have just been moved up to advanced with actual combat starting tomorrow.

I found my dream dress two weeks ago, and will order in February hopefully already a size smaller! Damn those bridal sizing charts.
  • chaechae47
    Options
    I'm getting married on April 7, 2012!! I was doing awesome on shedding the weight, and the holidays came. I found some new inspiration with the new year, And i'm hoping to finish my goal! good luck ladies!!!
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad a friend referred me to this thread. I'm getting married May 5th, 2012. I'm very excited and nervous lol. I want to lose 22 pounds before then.
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    My wedding date is June 30, 2012!
    -- I'm looking to drop 30 pounds before April. Hopefully. I have had my dress since August and have not put it back on since I was at the store last. I am hoping to be able to exchange for a smaller size come April and then get alterations done in May.

Congratulations! This is definitely the year for weddings. I know of at least 6 this year amongst family/friends!
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    July 14th is my birthday.. and just and FYI... I can not remember any bad weather on that day!! Best of Luck!!!

... I didn't mean to post this twice I can't figure out how to delete the second one.. sorry hahaha:tongue: