Do You Wear "Shape Wear"

Options
amybell68
amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
I was watching Dr OZ and he is talking about belly fat and it got me thinking about the "shape wear" women wear, I have never worn any but I have thought about buying some, what do you think?? what kind do you wear??

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What is shape wear?
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What is shape wear?

underwear that women wear under there clothes to hold in the fat, like spanks or girdles..
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i used to have some spanx that i would wear - there are still two shirts in my closet that require them - but my first NSV was that i looked the same now WITHOUT the squeeze as i used to look WITH them. i'm glad to be rid of them. though i will say, it's colder in the winter now! LOL.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair when I wear my dresses and skirts.
  • DanaNicolle
    DanaNicolle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Kymaro body shapers. They are amazing. They come in black and tan and if you buy one online, I think they send you a matching bottom shaper as well. I got three upper body shapers(one can be worn with camis or spagetti straps), and one lower for about 75 bucks...I shuddered at the price at first, but they are worth every penny!!!!! I see that our local walmart has them near the registers (only in tan), and I think they are running around $29.00. I bought one size smaller than I normally wear, and they do a great job of smoothing everything out, and sucking everything in! They are pretty comfy, too. Good LUCK!:smooched:
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I've worn it in the past. I had the kind that came up to your waist and went to the top of your knees. It wasn't spanx and I didn't like it. Where it ended at right above my knee, you could see indent of the fabric and the fat from me leg. I've seen them work wonders on people that struggle with having a bit of a belly. My issue are hips/thighs.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have slip type one that I wear with tighter fitting dresses. Doesn't make me much slimmer but it smooths out my rolls and makes me feel better :). I just got a cheap on at Burlington Coat Factory and it works for me!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I do, even at my lowest weight I have little lumps and bumps in places, so when I put on a form fitting or slinky dress , I wear a body shaper (love Spanx and the Target knockoff Spanx). Few of us have perfectly smooth curves, so it's all about proper foundation garments.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I'll wear the cami's from time to time. I bought a few at Target (forget the brand) that I believe are made by one of the big shape wear companies...just have a less expensive line for Target. I'm not a huge die-hard though...
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I do, even at my lowest weight I have little lumps and bumps in places, so when I put on a form fitting or slinky dress , I wear a body shaper (love Spanx and the Target knockoff Spanx). Few of us have perfectly smooth curves, so it's all about proper foundation garments.

Yep, think of them as foundation garments. When I wear a suit I wear Spanx, otherwise you would see my lovely bumps and underwear line. Just looks a lot more professional.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    haha funny thing about the Dr Rays shapewear i have! I bough one that went under the dress i was wearing in my best friend's wedding...it has a "slit" where you can pee without taking it off...well when i took the dress off i realized my "area" was shown and glown haha
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I have a couple undies that are like normal underwear but have fabric that goes up over your belly button. They're good for me because I have a bit of a spare tire in that area but I'm fine above that area. I use them with tighter dresses. If you're interested try ross or marshalls(if theres one where you live), they usually have a good selection for cheap.
  • taradactyl81
    Options
    Spanx and Flexxies (find them at Kohls). The spanx are good for dresses and dress pants and the flexxies are fantastic under form-fitting shirts and blouses.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Kymaro body shapers. They are amazing. They come in black and tan and if you buy one online, I think they send you a matching bottom shaper as well. I got three upper body shapers(one can be worn with camis or spagetti straps), and one lower for about 75 bucks...I shuddered at the price at first, but they are worth every penny!!!!! I see that our local walmart has them near the registers (only in tan), and I think they are running around $29.00. I bought one size smaller than I normally wear, and they do a great job of smoothing everything out, and sucking everything in! They are pretty comfy, too. Good LUCK!:smooched:

I love my Kymaro body shaper - except that it doesn't do as much for me these days - I need to go buy a size down! It is great for smoothing out the back flab / muffin top and holding in the belly. I don't wear it every day, but it's great when I need to look my best.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I did when I had a bit more tummy, but it's far comfier without them. I had some panty shaped ones and some bike short type ones. The bike short ones were really good under dresses in hot weather. I think I'd still wear them for that.

Basically, go into a shop and try some on. Don't get them too small, cos the fat just bubbles over the top (and they're too uncomfortable if they're too tight).
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Spanx.
    I just feel it keeps everything nice and tight. :)
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I love love LOVE my Spanx! Buy some, try them. You will like them.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I wear my Kymaro body shaper EVERY SINGLE DAY! And it especially helps when I exercise as my fat doesn't jiggle as much. But as stated before, I really need to get a new one as this one is really old & isn't holding everything as much as it should.
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options

I agree! They raise my butt up, too, and it looks FABULOUS! :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Oh, HELL to the no!

Back in the day, as a young girl, I wore a "panty girdle" at times............and hated every minute of it.

Nope....................I'll just jiggle along now :wink: :wink: :wink: